Yak 52 Aerobatic Flight, Melbourne: Experience the incredible aerobatic flight capability of the genuine Russian military aircraft – the Yak 52. We guarantee you will view Melbourne’s skyline from positions most people won't be game to... upside down with loops and rolls as you fly at 430km/h. You get to choose just how much aerobatics is done and how much you just sit back and cruise around with the canopy open.
Yak 52 Aerobatic Flight, Melbourne
- 25 minute flight in a genuine Russian military aircraft – Yak 52
- Experiencing loops and rolls on the aerobatic flight
- Seeing the sights of Melbourne from a new perspective
We start off gently and slowly increase the tempo of the manoeuvres to build up your resistance so you can handle advanced aerobatics such as the inverted spin. Experience firsthand what it's like to do aerobatics as you take the controls yourself.
If this doesn't topple your gyros then nothing will.
Your pilot will brief you on what the flight profile will be. Photographic opportunities are available before and after you board the aircraft.
The Yak 52 is stressed to +7/-5 G and capable of speeds of up to 430 km/h. With a roll rate in excess of 120 degrees per second and its impressive vertical performance the aircraft effortlessly completes advanced aerobatic manoeuvres. The Yak 52 is equally at home completing gentle turns and dives with the canopy open for a more leisurely flight. The level of intensity is completely up to you!
Our Pilot is a highly experienced airline pilot with Australia’s major International airline and all flights are conducted with the highest degree of professionalism and safety.
- Leather flying helmet
- Leather flying jacket
- Flying goggles
- All flights take place from Point Cook Airfield, 20 minutes drive from Melbourne.
- The Yak 52 Aerobatic Flight is 25 minutes from engine start to engine stop.
- You should plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your arranged departure time, so that you can be briefed on the safety features of the aircraft.
- Maximum height 6'6" and max weight is 120kgs.
- Operate every weekend, but can arrange weekday flights if that is the only day available to you.
- Please contact us if you require a weekday flight.
- Spectators are welcome.
- Anyone over 14 years must present photograph ID on entry into the Point Cook Airfield, however spectators can be of any age.
- Picnic and club house facilities available including indoor and outdoor seating.
- This experience is weather dependent.
- Flights do not occur in rain or strong winds.
- If this weather does occur on the day of your flight you will contacted and rescheduled to another day.
- All weather decisions are made on the day of the flight, not before.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
After something a little more sedate?
Image © Peter Gronemann @ Flickr.