This Womens Rock Climbing Course in the Blue Mountains, is a weekend course for beginners. This course is designed to allow you to focus on learning to climb correctly with a strong emphasis on technique. This will help you get up climbs you never thought possible. The focus is purely on women's strengths to ensure you get the most out of the weekend, all under the watchful eye of your female climbing instructors!
The course will start with the basics from safety and equipment, to belaying and rope skills. They will progress you through climbing techniques to encourage efficiency, energy conservation, and fluidity. Over the two days you will climb varying route styles to develop techniques and challenge yourself.
Whether you are completely new to climbing, or you climb in a gym and want to make the transition to climbing on real rock, this course will teach you the fundamentals of rock climbing. It’s also a great opportunity to make new climbing connections with other women.
The Womens Rock Climbing Course will teach you to:
- Understand and utilise your individual strengths
- Select, fit and use climbing equipment
- Tie the essential knots for climbing
- Set up a belay anchor
- Safely belay your climbing partner with correct "5 step" technique
- Communicate clearly with your climbing partner
- Safely lower your climbing partner off rock climbs
- Use hand & footholds efficiently
- Move your body to maximise upward progression
- Abseil (for those who have not previously Abseiled)
- Plus much more!
Your instructors will accompany you on a special selection of graduated climbs. Our focus is to get you on the rock and progress from easy to more challenging climbs. We utilise many climbs and have something for all skill levels!
This day is devoted solely to the simple joys of climbing, with your instructor aiming to take you on as many varied climbs as possible. The object will be to learn and develop your skills and techniques as you climb!
After this course you will be able to competently climb with experienced leaders on short moderately graded rock climbs.
- Nationally qualified & highly experienced female climbing instructors
- All technical equipment
- Delicious and nutritious lunches
Please be sure to inform us on your booking form if you have any special dietary requirements!