Wollongong Caravan Towing Course, 1 Day: Our On-Road Towing Course takes place in Wollongong south of Sydney on the NSW South Coast. This one-day towing course has been developed to enable drivers to understand the relationship between car and caravan or trailer. This is a very practical course and we progressively build up your knowledge and skills so you can venture out confidently and safely with your trailer. Two trainees can share a vehicle and each driver will be given ample opportunity for practical experience.
Wollongong Caravan Towing Course
The Caravan Towing Course covers...
- Safety and towing regulations
- Interacting with traffic
- Loads and loading
- Driving techniques and handling characteristics towing a trailer
- Braking techniques with trailers
- Turning and parking trailers
- Reversing and parking trailers
- Reversing and parking trailers using guides, mirrors and use of low range (if applicable)
- Launching and recovery of boats from trailers (if applicable)
- Carry out vehicle and trailer pre and post-trip inspections
Need a caravan for the Wollongong Caravan Towing Course? No worries we can supply a hire van for $150, please advise trainer after booking.
This course is also suitable for all types of trailers from Camper Trailers, Boats, Horse Floats to box trailers. Note, there is no off-road component in this course.
- Max 3 vehicles per instructor
- Includes one-day training for up to 2 people in one vehicle.
- Wollongong: 9:15am (9:00am start) – 5:00pm.
- Note: Please bring your own lunch & drinks.
Nationally Recognised Training
- This Course provides Nationally Recognised Training in the following Units of Competency.
- AURTGA001 – Drive and manoeuvre trailers (Release 1)
- 1 Day
- Vaccination Status Requirement
All training venues have instigated a vaccination mandate and require proof of full vaccination to gain access.
BASE PRICE shown is for up to 2 Trainees.
Other Caravan Towing Courses include: