Wirraway Joy Flight, Hunter Valley, 20 mins: The Wirraway is a piece of Australian aviation history and flying in this plain is a real privilage. There are only 5 Wirraway aircraft still flying in the world today. Built in 1939 this aircraft saw action as a makeshift bomber and in ground attack missions against the Japanese during WWII. The word Wirraway is a Aboriginal word for “Challenge”, so are you up for the Challenge?
You will be thoroughly thrilled flying over the Hunter Valley in this iconic warplane.
This aircraft is kept to the highest standards and is regularly serviced by Luskintyre Aircraft Restoration.
Wirraway Joy Flight, Hunter Valley
- Flying in a unique Australian military aircraft
- Scenic joy flight
- Amazing views of the Hunter Valley
- 20 Minutes of flight time
- Military style flight briefing from your experienced pilots
- Flying suit is provided for the flight experience
- Maitland Airport, 604 New England Hwy, Rutherford, Hunter Valley.
- Allow 1 hour for the entire experience.
- This includes 20 minutes in the air.
- Please email Break Loose for dates. [email protected]
- Minimum age is 10 years.
- Maximum weight is 125kg.
- People with pacemakers are not able to participate.
- You will be one on one with your instructor.
- Spectators are welcome to watch the you takeoff and land.
- In the event of poor weather your experience will be rescheduled for another day.
- If you do not show on the day of your flight, no refund is available.
- You can reschedule outside of 7 days prior to your flight.
You may be interested in these flights
- Hunter Valley Aerobatics Flight, Extreme Package, Yak 52 Warbird
- Hunter Valley Warbird Flight with Aerobatics