The Wilderness Navigation Course teaches you essential outdoor skills – the ability to travel through the bush safely using a map, compass and navigation skills. This course will take your bushwalking to the next level and make it a safe and rewarding pass time.
The Wilderness Navigation Course is a hands on, adventurous, informative and very practical outdoor navigation course suitable for complete beginners or those with some prior experience. This course will teach you about navigation, orienteering, using maps, compasses, GPS and emergency methods using the sun and stars. Fully qualified Instructors will show the way & ensure that at the end of this course you will know how to navigate from point A to B in the bush safely and confidently.
The Wilderness Navigation Course teaches you:
- Navigate on & off track with a map & compass
- Understand the features of topographic maps
- Use & maintain an orienteering compass
- Understand the Global Positioning System and use GPS devices
- Plan and prepare for off track walking
- A keen sense of Adventure!
- Bushwalking experience advantageous but not necessary!
- Nationally Qualified & Highly Experienced Guides
- All Technical Equipment
- Delicious & Nutritious Lunches