Whitewater Rafting Nymboida River, Coffs Harbour, 1 Day: Join our one day white water rafting trip on the mighty Nymboida River near Coffs Harbour on the NSW Mid North Coast. You will be rafting on the Upper Nymboida River, which s regarded as one of the best rafting rivers in Australia. This is also the closest river to Brisbane suitable for rafting. On this stretch of the Nymboida River you will experience surging grade 3–4 rapids and exciting whitewater. You'll paddle through this rugged paradise richly steeped in history, lush rainforests, spectacular gorges and deep tranquil pools. All the while your professional rafting guide will have your safety and enjoyment at the top of their mind.
Whitewater Rafting Nymboida River
- Rafting on the mighty Upper Nymboida River
- Facing 3–4 grade rapids
- Paddling through lush rainforest, spectacular gorges
- Sept 01 – April 30, if water levels are suitable for rafting.
- A winter rafting trip can be organised for 10 or more people
It's important to contact us before booking to avoid disappointment.
- Please tell us what date/s you have to do this tour.
- Note, a minimum of 10 people per tour needed for it to proceed.
- Water levels can also affect availability.
- Wetsuit, raincoat/spray jacket, Thermal top, PFD, Helmet
- Transfers to and from the Nymboida river
- Breakfast, snacks, & BBQ at completion of tour.
What to bring:
- Shoes “water shoes” / Wetsuit booties / or old sandshoes (these need to be lace up, zip or velcro – no slip on shoes)
- Long board shorts quick dry pants to stop sunburn
- Cap with visor to wear under helmet, to keep sun off face
- Set of dry clothes for when you get off the river
- Minimum age is 14 years/40 kgs
- Rule of thumb: Participants should be able to swim under a breaking wave in the ocean.
- Please raise any concerns regarding your fitness prior to booking.
- The weather on the river, at certain times of the year can be unpredictable.
- The rafting guide reserves the right to cancel tours, without advanced notice, at their discretion when weather or river conditions dictate.
Facilities on the day:
- Toilets are available at the departure & arrival points on the Nymboida River.
- There are no toilet facilities available during the rafting trip.
- Allow 8 hours for this rafting experience
Pick Up locations:
- Byron Bay – 80 Jonson Street, pickup – 5am / return 7pm
- Grafton – McDonalds, corner of Pacific Hwy & Spring St, pickup – 7am / return 5pm
- Coffs Harbour – Marina Drive, pickup – 7 am / return 5pm
- Cascade C/O Dorrigo – Corner of Moses Rock Road, Briggsvale Road and Morora Road, pickup – 8 am / return 4pm
- Platypus Flats Campground, 8:50am
- Other Locations available on request
Other Nymboida River Rafting trips include:
- Family Whitewater Rafting plus Tubing, Nymboida River, Coffs Harbour
- Extreme Whitewater Rafting on the Nymboida River, 1 Day
- 2 Day Nymboida River Whitewater Rafting Adventure, Coffs Harbour