Whitewater Rafting Nymboida River, Coffs Harbour, 1 Day: Join our one-day white water rafting trip on the mighty Nymboida River near Coffs Harbour on the NSW Mid North Coast. You will be rafting on the Upper Nymboida River, which s regarded as one of the best rafting rivers in Australia. This is also the closest river to Brisbane suitable for rafting. On this stretch of the Nymboida River you will experience surging grade 3–4 rapids and exciting whitewater. You'll paddle through this rugged paradise richly steeped in history, lush rainforests, spectacular gorges and deep tranquil pools. All the while your professional rafting guide will have your safety and enjoyment at the top of their mind.
Season now open. COVID19 safety protocols are in place by this tour operator.
Whitewater Rafting Nymboida River
- Rafting on the mighty Upper Nymboida River
- Facing 3–4 grade rapids
- Paddling through lush rainforest, spectacular gorges
- Sept 01 – April 30, if water levels are suitable for rafting.
- A winter rafting trip can be organised for 10 or more people
IMPORTANT: Rafting bookings are taken on faith that weather conditions are suitable and that the river will have sufficient water levels for rafting. We cannot guarantee this. If levels are not suitable just prior to your trip, the rafting guides will contact you. Refunds are paid if trips are cancelled due to low water levels.
It's important to contact us before booking to avoid disappointment.
- Please tell us what date/s you have to do this tour.
- Note, a minimum of 10 people per tour needed for it to proceed.
- Water levels can also affect availability.
- Do you have a group of 10 or more? Tell us and we can organise a date that suits you that may not be in our calendar yet.
- Wetsuit, raincoat/spray jacket, Thermal top, PFD, Helmet
- Transfers to and from the Nymboida river
- Breakfast, snacks, & BBQ at completion of tour.
What to bring:
- Shoes “water shoes” / Wetsuit booties / or old sand shoes (these need to be lace up, zip or velcro – no slip on shoes)
- Long board shorts quick dry pants to stop sunburn
- Cap with visor to wear under helmet, to keep sun off face
- Set of dry clothes for when you get off the river
- Minimum age is 14 years/40 kgs
- Check out the Family Rafting Trip for children under 14 years.
- Rule of thumb: Participants should be able to swim under a breaking wave in the ocean.
- Please raise any concerns regarding your fitness prior to booking.
- The weather on the river, at certain times of the year can be unpredictable.
- The rafting guide reserves the right to cancel tours, without advanced notice, at their discretion when weather or river conditions dictate.
Facilities on the day:
- Toilets are available at the departure & arrival points on the Nymboida River.
- There are no toilet facilities available during the rafting trip.
- Allow 8 hours for this rafting experience
- On the day our guides take a selection of photos and video of the trips. You can order these above when booking your trip.
Pick Up locations:
- Grafton – McDonalds, corner of Pacific Hwy & Spring St, pickup – 7 am/return 5pm
- Coffs Harbour – Marina Drive, pickup – 7 am/return 5 pm
- Cascade C/O Dorrigo – Corner of Moses Rock Road, Briggsvale Road and Morora Road, pickup – 8 am/return 4 pm
- Platypus Flats Campground, 8:50 am
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE BOOKING
- The Nymboida River is a 'natural' flow river which means the weather dictates the rafting trips.
- Before booking please make sure you read and understand the below.
- For a trip to go ahead there needs to be a minimum of 10 people. If your group size is less than 10 you can either join a group or enquire about starting a new booking with your preferred date.
- Once there are 10+ people the guides will confirm the trip. You will receive a ‘pre-arrival’ email (waiver) – please check your spam folder. Each person must fill out this form before the trip commencement date. Any persons who have not completed our waiver form will not be allowed to go on the trip.
On Confirmation – your trip will still be pending
After receiving your 'confirmation' your trip will still show as confirmed, however, your trip may still not go ahead due to the following:
- River Heights – too high or too low. The guides will try to give as much information as soon as they know themselves and sometimes they won't know until the morning of your trip.
- There is a chance we will drive to the river and cancel the trip on arrival due to no electronic river gauge in the area. This is very rare!
- Natural Parks Closure – this is out of our control. They usually give the guides 24 hours notice however also not limited to.
- Raft Guides – availability of guides. Raft Guides are seasonal workers and also hold down other full-time employment.
- The guides hold the right to cancel your trip. If they cancel your trip you will have the opportunity to change dates or be given a full refund. Break Loose nor the guides will not be responsible for (paying compensation) on your accommodation due to cancellation.
- If you cancel 7 days or later before the trip no refund is given.
- If you cancel between 14–7 days before your trip then 49% of your booking will be refunded.
- If you cancel 14 days+ before the trip a 12% admin fee is charged
- Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
Other Nymboida River Rafting trips include:
- Family Whitewater Rafting plus Tubing, Nymboida River, Coffs Harbour
- Extreme Whitewater Rafting on the Nymboida River, 1 Day
- 2 Day Nymboida River Whitewater Rafting Adventure, Coffs Harbour