Whitewater Kayaking Experience, Bright, Victoria : Paddle your kayak down the majestic Ovens River, dropping in at Bright in the highlands of Victoria. This is beginners whitewater, guide-led kayaking adventure. Your guides will offer some basic paddle skills on flat water and build up through increasingly challenging rapids (grade 1 and 2). A great adventure suitable for those looking for an achievable challenge. Suitable for 12 years plus (a basic swimming ability is required).
Your kayak on the day is a one or two-person sit on top kayaks, single-person pack-rafts or inflatable sports rafts for two people.
Whitewater Kayaking Experience at Bright
- Gentle grade 1–2 rapids
- Fully guided with kayak tuition
- Gentle Ovens river and the views
- Amazing and helpful guides on the day
This kayaking adventure is at Bright and offers grade 1 and 2 water suitable for beginners. We begin this adventure with some basic paddle skills on flat water, watching for your level of experience and adjusting our coaching as appropriate. From there we portage the kayaks to the faster water, travelling along the spectacular Ovens River through increasingly challenging rapids (grade 1 and 2 level, depending on your progress) where you will learn a range of introductory level white water paddling skills.
- Two professional guides
- All safety equipment (helmet, lifejacket etc), kayaks and paddles.
Age & Fitness Guide:
- Children aged 12+ years are welcome to participate.
- A basic swimming ability is required
- Children participants must be accompanied by a participating adult.
- Suitable for people with a sense of adventure and an average level of fitness.
- Bright, end of Hawthorn Lane towards Back Porepunkah Road, Riverside.
- All Instructors are wearing red uniforms which is easy for you to spot them.
Numbers on the Day:
- Up to 10 people abseiling plus your guides.
Times & Duration:
- Mornings 9:00am to 12:00pm; Afternoons 1:30pm-4:30pm.
- Allow 3–4 hours for the Beginners Kayaking Trip.
What to Bring/Wear:
- Closed-toe footwear (runners, boots, river shoes, beach shoes; NOT sports sandals with open toe)
- Bathers(underneath), shorts and a T-shirt or top depending on the weather.
- Some participants prefer to wear a wetsuit - recommended for those of slight build.
- Towel, warm clothing and a spare change of clothes
- Sunscreen, water and snacks
- Personal items, eg. Personal medication
Adventure Guides Australia operates the Mount Buffalo Caving Experience with the following cancellation policy.
Percentages of the fee are to be retained if cancellations occur at the following rate:
- 20 to 30 days – 25% of the total fee
- 14 to 19 days – 50% of the total fee
- Less than 14 days – Full payment required
Be aware if you cancel your booking, Break Loose will also retain 1.75% to cover merchant fees etc.
Adventure Guides Australia reserves the right to re-schedule any activity if conditions are unsafe or to provide an alternative activity or program. Participants may NOT cancel or change their activity dates or content without approval.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
Click here for more adventures in regional Victoria.