Whitewater Kayaking Experience, Myrtleford, Victoria : This kayaking tour offers enjoyable river kayaking with some grade 1 and 2 rapids suitable for beginners and families. The adventure begins with some basic paddle skills, with personalised coaching from your tour guides. From there we travel along the spectacular Ovens River where you will learn a range of introductory flat and white water paddling skills. Suitable for 12 years plus (a basic swimming ability is required).
Your kayak on the day is a one or two-person sit on top kayaks, single-person pack-rafts or inflatable sports rafts for two people.
Whitewater Kayaking Tour at Myrtleford
- Gentle grade 1–2 rapids
- Fully guided with kayak tuition
- Gentle Ovens river and the views
- Amazing and helpful guides on the day
In Summer when the water levels are lower and slower, you can enjoy the idyllic surrounds of the region as you kayak your way down the cool, alpine waters of the Ovens River from the Clear-water reserve at Myrtleford. Silence your mind and relax as you quietly float your way downstream and then embark upon the challenging segments of the low-level (Grade one and two) white-water rapids towards the end of the adventure. The day’s activities end at the snow road bridge (Where we will have organized a car shuffle so your vehicle is at the finish point).
- Two professional guides
- All safety equipment (helmet, lifejacket etc), kayaks and paddles.
Age & Fitness Guide:
- Children aged 12+ years are welcome to participate.
- A basic swimming ability is required
- Children participants must be accompanied by a participating adult.
- Suitable for people with a sense of adventure and an average level of fitness.
- Clearwater Reserve at Myrtleford.
- All Instructors are wearing red uniforms which is easy for you to spot them.
Numbers on the Day:
- Up to 10 people abseiling plus your guides.
Times & Duration:
- Mornings 9:00am to 12:00pm; Afternoons 1:30pm-4:30pm.
- Allow 3 hours for the Beginners Kayaking Trip.
What to Bring/Wear:
- Closed-toe footwear (runners, boots, river shoes, beach shoes; NOT sports sandals with open toe)
- Bathers(underneath), shorts and a T-shirt or top depending on the weather.
- Some participants prefer to wear a wetsuit - recommended for those of slight build.
- Towel, warm clothing and a spare change of clothes
- Sunscreen, water and snacks
- Personal items, eg. Personal medication
Adventure Guides Australia operates the Mount Buffalo Caving Experience with the following cancellation policy.
Percentages of the fee are to be retained if cancellations occur at the following rate:
- 20 to 30 days – 25% of the total fee
- 14 to 19 days – 50% of the total fee
- Less than 14 days – Full payment required
Be aware if you cancel your booking, Break Loose will also retain 1.75% to cover merchant fees etc.
Adventure Guides Australia reserves the right to re-schedule any activity if conditions are unsafe or to provide an alternative activity or program. Participants may NOT cancel or change their activity dates or content without approval.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
Click here for more adventures in regional Victoria.