White Water Kayaking and Abseiling Day Melbourne: It's an action packed adventure experience jammed into one exciting day! An adventure day suitable for the family as well as beginner paddlers and abseilers, the White Water Kayaking and Abseiling Day starts on the Yarra River, close to Melbourne. This is an excellent location where participants learn new skills and work together to successfully complete a 90 minute river trip while negotiating grade 1 & 2 rapids.
We lunch on the banks of the river and then it's just a short trip to the abseiling site where you can battle your nerves and step over the edge.
White Water Kayaking and Abseiling Day
- 3 hours of white water paddling
- 2 hours of abseiling fun
- Lunch break included
- Locations for kayaking and abseiling close to Melbourne
We meet at 9.30am in the car park. (More details upon booking) The group is given a safety briefing. We begin with a flat-water skills session and introduction to moving water skills, before venturing downstream to the rapids for some serious fun white water kayaking. Lunch is a picnic on the riverbank.
After we've finished paddling & lunch, we're off to the abseil site. We start with a safety briefing and an abseiling demonstration. Then its your turn to abseil down the cliff! You put on your abseiling harness, with a helmet and gloves, and when you're ready it's time to go off the side of a 12m cliff! All under the watchful eye of your abseiling instructor. You can feel truly alive after an action packed adventure close to home.
- All paddling, abseiling and safety equipment
- Professional Guides
- Morning tea and snacks
- Picnic or BBQ Lunch
- Public Liability Insurance
- First Aid
What to bring:
- Bathers/ board shorts, Shorts, Towel
- In winter fleecy tops, thermals, pants and spray jacket are recommended
- Water resistant sunscreen
- Woollen socks
- Old pair of runners (you must have footwear on the river).
- A change of dry clothes for abseiling
- Plastic bag for any wet gear and a Daypack to put it all into!
- The Yarra River at Warrandyte.
Age & Fitness:
- Child* = 8 to 16 years
- Minimum age of 8 years.
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Average fitness recommended.
- An ability to swim handy but not essential.
- A maximum weight of 130kg.
Numbers and Availability:
- Maximum group size is 12 people.
- Size can be increased to 20 if you have a large group.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
These white water kayaking & abseiling adventures may interest you:
- White Water Kayaking Trip, Melbourne, Guided, Full Day
- Melbourne White Water Kayaking Trip, Half Day
- Melbourne Rock Climbing and Abseiling, Full Day
- Ultimate Forward Abseiling Experience in Melbourne
- Beginners Abseiling Course, Melbourne, Half Day