White water kayaking on the Yarra River: Challenge yourself with a white water kayaking experience on the Yarra River. Grade 2 rapids ensure you'll have a heap of fun whilst negotiating the twists and turns on this wonderful river. This kayaking adventure is so much fun you and being close to Melbourne, its a great adventure experience so close to home!
Your experienced guides will kit you out with the latest gear and inflatable kayak. They will demonstrate how to paddle and steer the kayak with ease! Then it’s two fantastic adrenaline-packed hours on grade 2 rapids.
White water kayaking on the Yarra River
- The wonderful scenery around Wonga Park
- 2 hours navigating grade 2 rapids
- Fully guided adventure
Be prepared for more than a little splashing as you paddle through the rapids and breaking waves carving their way through gorges and valleys full of native bush land. You'll be crossing fast flowing white water, tackling Bob's Rock and enjoying the thrills that come with white water kayaking on the Yarra River. The kayaks used are very stable and forgiving so it is suitable for total beginners.
This adventure is guaranteed to get the heart pumping and is suitable for both summer and winter!
The water level is lower in summer months which make the rapids more technical. For a wild ride we recommend coming along during winter months when the water level is generally much higher with large waves and furious rapids!
What’s Included with your white water kayaking experience?
- All safety gear to make your day fun!
- The latest inflatable kayaks for safe kayaking
- Professional instructors
- 3 hour kayaking adventure
- You should allow 2.5 hours for this kayaking experience
- Check our calendar for available dates
- An average level of fitness is recommended
- No experience is required
- Some lifting of kayaks will be required
- Participants must sign a disclaimer on the day
- Maximum weight limit of 120kg per person.
- Minimum age of 10 years of age. Under 18's must be supervised.
- Your guides will be found at the Lower Homestead Road car park, Wonga Park.
- In the event of inclement weather this experience may be rescheduled.
What to bring:
- Water bottle
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Camera (Your helmet supplied will have a go pro mount)
- Towel and full change of clothes for after the kayaking (Note: There are no changing facilities or toilets at the location)
What to wear:
- Closed toe footwear is compulsory, you cannot wear sandals, thongs or bare feet.
- In winter, warm clothing is recommended.
- Do not wear cotton as this can make you cold when wet. Synthetic materials and thermals work best.
- Please wear a few layers of warm clothing in winter and a waterproof jacket if you have one.
- We do not have a physical premises as such there are no changing or toilet facilities at this location.
- T-shirt and shorts are fine for warm summer months.
Numbers on the Day
- A minimum number of 6 participants is required to run this experience.
- You can change your booking up to 7 days before the start time of your experience.
- Changes are not permitted within 7 days of your experience.
- Refunds are not paid for late arrivals or no shows.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
Why not try...
- Stand Up Paddle Board Lessons, Melbourne, SUP Lessons, 90 mins
- Adventure Caving, Melbourne, 2 Hours | Yarra Junction Caving
- 3 hour Dolphin and Seal Swim, Sorrento VIC