White Water Kayaking Trip, Full Day, Melbourne: This is a full day guided white water kayaking or canoeing on the Yarra River close to Melbourne. You will learn new skills as you complete a river kayaking trip while negotiating grade 1 & 2 rapids. The Yarra River offers a safe environment to learn and experience kayaking whilst enjoying the river and its beauty.
Melbourne White Water Kayaking Trip
- Class 2 rapids on the Yarra River
- Spectacular scenery passing by native Australian park lands
- Professional Guides offering instruction for all skill levels
- Chance to see local wildlife & native birds
- Chance to develop your kayaking skills on flat water
On the day:
Your white water kayaking trip begins at 10am at our designated meeting point on the Yarra River. You will be given a group safety briefing before venturing onto the flat water for kayak instruction. You will be shown the basic skills needed to safely navigate down the river, with just enough excitement provided by the Yarra River's rapids to raise your adrenalin levels!
Lunch is a picnic on the riverbank. After lunch we then continue paddling to our finish point, ending the day at about 4:00pm.
All activity equipment is provided and our professional river guides will ensure a fun teambuilding day is had by all. We use a range of different one or two person boats to suit your size.
If you are visiting Melbourne, it's a great way to see some of the great Aussie bushlands and spot some of our wildlife. Sometimes we see koala's, snakes, turtles, fish, bats and always a wide range of birdlife along the river.
- Canoeing or Kayaking & safety equipment
- Professional guides
- Picnic Lunch
- Public Liability Insurance
- First Aid
What to bring:
- Bathers/ board shorts, Shorts, Towel
- In winter fleecy tops, thermals, pants and spray jacket are recommended
- Water resistant sunscreen
- Woollen socks
- Old pair of runners (you must have footwear on the river).
- A change of dry clothes for lunch nearby at your choice of venue!
- Plastic bag for any wet gear and a Daypack to put it all into!
Age & Restrictions:
- This activity is suitable for anyone over the age of 6 years.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- General level of fitness recommended.
- An ability to swim handy but not essential.
- Minimum group size is for 3 participants on general public trips.
- Available on selected dates unless group bookings of 6 or more are made.
- We can cater for a maximum of 18 people per day with an instructor to boat ratio of 1:6 although this is the maximum.
- This experience runs from 10am – 4pm
In the case of extreme weather conditions this experience will be rescheduled for a later date.
These white water kayaking adventures may interest you: