Whale Watching Cruise, Hervey Bay: This is a 6 hour Whale Watching Cruise from Hervey Bay with complimentary morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. On this whale watching cruise several pods of whales will often be seen as well dolphins, turtles and sea birds. You cruise the sheltered waters of Hervey Bay to the Great Sandy Marine Park which is renowned as the playground for visiting humpback whales.
From late July to the end of October each year, these majestic giants of the sea seek shelter in Hervey Bay on their travels down the eastern coast of Australia. This provides us the perfect opportunity to view these creates up close from the comfort of Freedom III, a 17.6 Metre power catamaran.
Departing at 9:30 and returning not before 3:30pm each day from late July to the end of October.
Whale Watching Cruise, Hervey Bay
- 6 Hour Whale Watching experience for 1 person
- Transfers to and from the Marina
- Gourmet Morning Tea
- Delicious Buffet Lunch
- Tasty Afternoon Tea
- Informative Commentary throughout the duration of the cruise
- Free Wifi!
Whale Watching Season Hervey Bay
Our whale watching cruises operate from July to the end of October, each year when the season finishes.
NOTE: Please contact us about bookings late in October early November as the whales may be in short supply!!
- 8.30am: Complimentary transfers from your Hervey Bay accommodation to the Sandy Straits Marina
- 9.30am: Depart Sandy Strait Marina onboard Freedom III
- 10.30am: Morning tea is served en-route to Platypus Bay where we will see the whales play. Complimentary tea, coffee, hot chocolate & home baked treats
- 12.30 – 1.30pm: Complimentary lunch includes hot chicken pieces, cold deli meats, salads, bread rolls, dessert & drinks
- 2.30pm: Afternoon tea is served on our way back to the Marina. Complimentary Australian cheese & fruit platter as well as tea, coffee & hot chocolate
- 3.30pm: Arrive back at the Great Sandy Straits Marina where you can board our complimentary transfer back to your Hervey Bay accommodation.
- The Great Sandy Straits Marina, Buccaneer Drive, Urangan, Hervey Bay QLD.
- From July to the end of October, each year when the season finishes.
- Child ages are 4–14years, Under 4 are infants and as such free.
- 2 Adults + 2 Children aged 4–`14 yrs
- 2 Adults + 3 Children aged 4–14 yrs