Whale Watching Cruise from Coffs Harbour on the north coast of NSW: Join this two hour whale watching cruise into the Solitary Islands Marine Park, a well established stopping off point for the Humpback whales as they head north during their annual migration from Antarctica. This makes whale watching off the Coffs Harbour Coast one of the best and most convenient locations to watch and experience whales up close in Australia.
Whale Watching Cruise, Coffs Harbour
- Watching Humpback Whales in their natural environment
- Exploring the wonderful Solitary Islands Marine Park
- Learning all about whales
You will head out from Coffs Harbour aboard Pacific Explorer into the Solitary Islands Marine Park while your skipper searches for the tell-tale signs of Humpback whales. These whales head to the warmer waters in the Great Barrier Reef to breed and rest each year, which makes their travels past Coffs Harbour highly predictable. As the whales travel close to the coastline we generally sight whales within 15 minutes of leaving the harbour.
The vessel, Pacific Explorer, is a purpose built stable sea-going vessel. She is a catamaran design with wide hull and low centre of gravity offering a reduced rocking and rolling motion, which helps as you move about the boat and with taking photos.
- A 2 hour whale watching cruise
- Professional, experienced crew with onboard commentary
- Refreshments including cakes, biscuits, tea, coffee, cordial and water
- Suitable for all ages.
- Child* prices are for ages 2–12 years.
- Family 4 is (2A/2C), Family 5 is (2A/3C)
- Whale watching is seasonal, from June to November annually.
- Cruises operate every day of the whale watching season, subject to sea and weather conditions.
- Cruises depart at 8:30am and 11am. Afternoon cruises are subject to demand.
- Whale watching is a weather dependent experience.
- If the weather or sea conditions are unsafe the cruise will be rescheduled.
- A maximum of 23 passengers will be aboard.
What to wear:
- We recommend layered clothing and soft soled shoes.
- It can be cool on the water so please bring a jacket.
- No hard sole boots.
- “E” finger, Coffs Harbour International Marina, approximately 4.5km from the main city centre.
- Once booked, cancellations are at the discretion of the operator.
- No changes are accepted within 24 hours of your cruise.
- If you fail to show or are late you will forfeit your booking with no refund available.
- Travel insurance is always recommended.
- These are the conditions imposed by the operator.
Summer cruses from Coffs Harbour