Weekend Hiking Tour, Blue Mountains: This is a 2 day overnight hike in the Blue Mountains to the Ruined Castle and Mt Solitary. A great weekend adventure to dust off the stress of the previous working week. You'll dash over waterfalls, transfer colossal landslides and climb two mountains culminating in a walk to the summit of Mt Solitary. It's not all hard work though, you'll stroll through lush rainforests, enjoy wonderful food and spend the night camping out under the stars. With a maximum of 8 people per tour, its a great personal tour to experience the wonderful Australian bush.
Weekend Hiking Tour
- Views from Mt Solitary
- Hiking through a variety of landscapes
- Wonderful healthy food – breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Camping under the Blue Mountains stars
- Wonderful guides, great company!
The Weekend Hiking Tour includes all food... one breakfast, two lunches, and one dinner. Plus snacks on the trail!
Breakfast is an amazing porridge. Choose from chia seeds, sultanas, coconut, brown sugar, cinnamon and assorted other toppings to produce a bowl that’s almost too good to eat. Enough energy is supplied in this bowl of superfoods for the day ahead.
Lunch: Prepared will be a kaleidoscope of fresh veggies, salami, and falafel (vegetarian option) to fill your wrap. Plus the secret ingredient... life-changing caramelized onion relish.
Dinner: You'll all come together for a 3-course smorgasbord. This changes with the season. Think cosy soups, warm gnocchi followed by warm custard, ginger-nut snap crumble.
Snacks: You'll enjoy a personal trail mix to boost your energy levels during your hikes. Plus there will be a block-a-day of chocolate to share amongst the group.
Drinks: On arrival at your camp you'll be greeted with a warm drink. Choose from black tea, herbal teas, coffee, and hot chocolate. Start the day with a tea or a fresh pot of bush coffee.
Vegetarians or gluten-free requirements can be catered for, please advise us at time of booking.
Pack Free Option:*
Don't feel like carrying a full pack? For this Weekend Hiking Tour Freeland Hiking will organise someone to carry your heavy things, like tents, sleeping bags, clothes etc., leaving you to carry only the essentials; a water bottle, a jacket and other personal items such as hat, sunscreen and phone. There is a $250 surcharge and this is to cover the wages for the additional guide. A minimum of 2 people are require to book this service per tour. Contact us if you are alone and wish to use this service.
All you need to supply is a lightweight day pack to carry your essentials.
- Day 1: Depart Sydney, Leura to Ruined Castle | 8km (+2km optional afternoon walk)
- Day 2: Mt Solitary Summit, Ruined Castle to Katoomba, return to Sydney | 14km
Duration & Distance:
- 2 days
- 26 km walk
- Moderate Grade
- Two professional wilderness guides
- One night camping
- Lightweight tent and sleeping mat
- Sleeping bag with cotton liner
- Hiking Backpack (70-90L)
- Compact daypack for mountain climbs
- One breakfast, two lunches, and one dinner
- Snacks on the trail
- Group camping equipment included: stove, pots, tarp, etc.
- Transport to and from Sydney in air-conditioned bus (luggage transfer included)
- All national park fees and track fees
- Emergency communications and first aid kits
- Maximum eight guests
- A reasonable level of fitness is required
- A pre-trip training plan can be provided by the guide
- You'll be carrying a backpack of approximately 10–14kgs each day
- Due to the physical activity involved, guests 69 years of age or over will require a medical clearance
- Guests must inform us of any medical conditions prior to booking that may affect you during the trek.
What to bring:
- Some layered clothing, anticipate cool/cold night
- Hiking boots or comfortable walking shoes, runners are ok
- Any medications
- Sense of adventure :)
Cancellations & Weather:
- Ruined Castle Overnight Hiking Tour is weather dependent.
- If a trip is cancelled you will be offered to reschedule.
- We or the tour provider are not responsible for reimbursement of cost of flights, accommodation, hire car, meals or any other incidental costs which are or may be incurred in relation to the cancelled trip.
- Low guest numbers or other circumstance out of its control can cause a trip to be cancelled.
- Minimum of 4 people are needed for a trip to proceed.