V8 Off Road Buggies Extreme Drive: Draw on the real power of our V8 racing off road buggies as you are the driver of one of these awesome off road buggies. You will suit up and climb into the drivers seat with your instructor next to you guiding you and teaching you the skills to master this off road speed machine. What better venue for you to master your new driving skills than our purpose built track on Queensland's Gold Coast.
STAGE 1: 11 Laps
You drive a real V8 race buggy with an instructor riding along as your navigator offering encouragement and some handy tips on race buggy control, drifting and racing over our purpose built jumps. Your confidence will grow as each lap goes by and so will your speed down the back dirt straight as well as getting plenty of sideways action. All of this in a powerful Toyota Lexus V8. Decked out in your full face helmet, overalls and strapped into a 5 point race harness you are completely safe to unleash you inner speed demon!
STAGE 2: Expression Session! 8 Laps
You will take what you have learnt in Stage 1 and push yourself and your V8 race buggy to the limits getting more sideways and air time off the jumps. Wow, what a rush!!
STAGE 3: 1 Sizzling Hot Lap
One hot lap in a V8 off road buggy... this is white knuckle stuff! So with adrenalin still coursing through your veins, you will climb in to the passenger seat and our professional driver will demonstrate some exhilarating air time. We supply you with a helmet and racing overalls, an Off Road Rush Completion Certificate and morning or afternoon tea.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Off Road V8 Buggies?
They are like dune buggies but 3 times the size, with roll bars and all the safety gear. They are used for Extreme Off Road Driving and Desert Racing all over Australia.
Will I get to go fast?
Yes, these off road buggies are capable of 200km per hour. At all of our locations (Gold Coast, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth) you will reach speeds of up to 140km per hour on dirt.
Are the buggies safe?
They are certified by CAMS (Confederation of Australian Motorsport) which is the governing body of Motorsport Events in Australia. They have roll cages and the latest components on them.
What is different about driving an off road buggy?
You get to drive REAL RACE CARS that CURRENTLY compete all over Australia. You have the opportunity to get sideways on the dirt, we don't govern our vehicles and there is no other motor sport driving experience in Australia where we let you get airborne over jumps!
- The Off Road Buggy Extreme Drive is a half day experience.
- Participants must not be over 140kg (308lbs) and not over 201cm (6ft 9 in) tall.
- You are going to get a little dusty with this experience so keep that in mind. You will be supplied with overalls and a helmet. You need to wear closed in shoes. Don't forget your camera!.
- All passengers and drivers are required to sign a waiver of liability form. Self drivers minimum age is 12 years, no licence is required. No manual transmission driving experience is required.
- Drivers are required to sign a waiver form before you can participate. We run year round through rain and shine. Only in extreme rain will we cancel and rebook you at another time.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.