Upper Murray River White Water Rafting Trip, 1 Day, NSW, Kosciuszko National Park:
Just 30 minutes from Thredbo, you will discover the thrill of white water rafting on the mighty Upper Murray River. The rafting trip is an awesome activity for first timers and families of all ages who love adventure. The Upper Murray River with throw whitewater rapids at you up to grade 3. We guarantee you will scream, swim and laugh, all whilst paddling down the magnificent scenic river.
Upper Murray River White Water Rafting Trip
- Rafting on the Upper reaches of the Murray River
- Conquering Grade 1–3 rapids
- Beautiful high country scenery
On the day your guides pick you up from your Jindabyne accommodation at 8:00am, or Thredbo accommodation at 8:30am. It's then a half hour drive through countryside, before arriving at Tom Groggin campground in Kosciusko National Park.
You will be given a comprehensive safety talk, before 2 hours of getting wet and wild in the rapids in an individual or twin inflatable kayak.
A picnic lunch is served by the banks of the Murray River, before another 2 hours of awesome paddling through the stunning Murray, until you finish the rafting at Grassy Flat.
Relax with some afternoon snacks while your guide packs the gear, then enjoy the amazing mountains views as you are escorted back to your accommodation.
On the river inflatable kayaks are group guided. Skilled guides show you how best to negotiate the rapids while maintaining a fun and safe environment in which you can enjoy the thrills.
- None necessary – The Murray River White Water Rafting Trip is suitable for novices and advanced whitewater adventurers.
- Rapids are graded 1–3.
- Children between 8–12 years may be required to sit in a guides boat for additional safety
What is included:
- 5 hours of on-water rafting
- Rafting and safety equipment
- All tuition (no experience necessary)
- All accommodation transfers from Jindabyne & Thredbo
- Delicious lunch and afternoon tea
- Experienced and qualified guides
What to Bring:
- Booties or sturdy shoes that can get wet (e.g. Dunlop Volleys)
- Warmer weather: swimmers, light shirt for sun protection and board shorts
- Cooler weather: thermals/swimmers/underwear to wear under wetsuit - we will provide wetsuits
- Cap or floppy hat to wear under helmet
- Water bottle
- Glasses strap if required
- Personal medication if required
- Warm change of clothes, towel and a dry pair of shoes.
- Minimum age is 8 years.
- Minimum weight is 30kgs.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required to enjoy the Upper Murray River White Water Rafting Trip.
- Please advise us of any medical conditions which may affect your participation in this trip.
- We require a minimum of 6 people to run a trip.
- If you wish to book less than 6 you may need to join an existing tour.
- Maximum numbers on this trip is 20 people.
- This trip is seasonal an operates August to December.
Below are the cancellation conditions imposed by the tour operator. These fall outside of the Break Loose Terms and Conditions and override our T&Cs where applicable.
- Cancellation penalties are: No refund is possible if you cancel 7 days or less prior to departure.
- 50% of your booking will be refunded 21 days prior to departure.
- 100% (less 100% per person) for cancellations 30 days or more prior to departure.
- We regret we cannot make exceptions for personal emergencies.
- We recommend purchasing travel insurance prior to booking.
- Personal postponement of your trip may be made up to 14 days prior to your booking.
- A rebooking fee of $25 is paid to the tour guide. This is often preferred to cancellation.
- Rescheduling and trip alterations:
As the river experiences are offered in the outdoors we are subject to environmental changes.
If these changes result in excess or insufficient water for our boats to safely negotiate the river the raft type or the location of the trip may be altered or your trip may be rescheduled.
This policy is critical for the safety of our clients and staff. Deposits will not be refunded in this situation, as you will be offered the choice of a trip on another river or on the same river on another date.
You may also be interested in these: