Twilight River Kayaking Trip, Yarra River, Melbourne: Join us for a relaxing Melbourne kayaking trip as you paddle amongst the gum trees that line the quiet waters of the Yarra River only 35 minutes from Melbourne’s CBD. What better way to wind down from a hard day's work than to kayak on the quiet waters of the Yarra river. Twilight a great time to spot birds, fruit bats and other sorts of wildlife as you paddle past Eucalyptus trees. Great family adventure and this experience is very suitable for beginner paddlers!
Twilight River Kayaking Trip, Yarra River
- Relaxing kayaking trip on the Yarra River
- Twilight time, great for after work!
- Spot birds, fruit bats and other wildlife
- Approx. 90 mins on the water
- Supper provided
We meet near Kane's Bridge in Yarra Bend Park at 6:00pm or earlier if required from April onwards when Daylight Savings has ended! After a short car shuttle and safety briefing and introduction to canoeing we will set off for a leisurely paddle on the tranquil Yarra River. We will spend approximately 1.5 hours on the water until dusk and then we will tuck into our chicken and drinks until it's time to go home!
- Canoeing or Kayaking and safety equipment
- Professional guide
- Supper & snacks
- Spray jacket & thermal top if required
- First Aid
- A maximum group size is 20 people.
- We need at least 4 people booked to proceed.
- Ages 8+ years can participate.
- Children under 16 years must be being accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Average fitness recommended.
- You must be able to swim 25m on your own.
- If you have back, neck, joint, or muscular problems, seek advice before participating.
- This twilight canoeing tour is approximately 3 hours in duration.
- We meet at 2.30pm (winter time) or 5.30–6pm (summer time).
- This time may vary due to the season.
What to Wear & Bring:
- Bathers, Shorts, Long sleeve top
- Wetsuit (optional if you have one) or thermal underwear
- Spray jacket
- Woollen socks (optional)
- Old pair of runners or river sandals (you must have footwear on the river).
- A change of dry clothes & shoes!
- In the event of inclement weather this activity will be postponed for a later date.