The Tigersnake canyoning trip is a beautiful winter canyon (May–September), or for those that don't want to get too wet. Four exciting abseils up to 25m, one is overhanging and the highlight is the abseil into a deep dark slot into the narrow chasm below. We usually only run this canyon in winter. In most conditions only your feet should get wet, but it could be anywhere up to your thighs. It is a canyon that is not only physically challenging, but offers some great bushwalking and impressive abseils!
This is an amazing abseiling adventure, one of Blue Mountains best on offer. Three abseils, some climb downs, fabulous views on the walk in and out of the canyon.
Tigersnake Canyoning Highlights
- Mostly dry canyon – no swimming
- Amazing abseils uptown 25m into canyon
- True wilderness location
- Majestic cliff views
- Ideal for intermediate people experience in canyoning
Safety is our number one focus so you will be under the supervision of our professional canyoning guides at all times. This full day canyoning experience is suitable for children over 12 years.
- 8 hours duration
This is an Intermediate Canyon.
- Blue Mountains intermediate canyons are suitable for those seeking to challenge their abilities and perceived limits.
- Usually, the walk into and out of the canyon is longer, and the canyon requires more or sustained technical skill than canyons classified as suitable for beginners.
What to Bring
- Closed-in shoes that can get wet
- Warm change of clothes - a must
- Drinking water - about 2 litres
- Camera, hat & sunscreen
- Sense of adventure
- More Information
Note: Images used are © David Noble. If you want to read a fantastic blog on adventure around Sydney with some stunning photography we recommend you check out David's blog here. https://www.david-noble.net/ Search for Tigers Snake Canyon for a great recap on his adventure there.
Looking for a Summer canyoning experience?