You and a friend can each step into an aircraft design steeped in flying history. You will both enjoy the thrill of formation flying in 2 1940a de Havilland Tiger Moths as they did in the 1940s. This Tiger Moth Formation Scenic Joy Flight takes both of you over the quiet country side of south-west Sydney with views to the Blue Mountains. This flight is a 30 minute flight.
The Tiger Moth Formation Scenic Joy Flight take off is done in unison with the flight taking in views of the Blue Mountains, Lake Burragorang, and Warragamba Dam. We typically return to the airport following the Nepean River at low level of 500ft.
Donning a leather flying helmet and goggles ready for a flight of pure nostalgia flying high above the bustle of modern life, it is easy to imagine it is 1940 again.
What will Happen on the Day:
- After your arrival at our hanger you will meet your pilot and ground staff. You will be shown around the Tiger Moth with plenty of time for photos
- Be taken to the briefing room for an outline on the on the safety aspects of the flight and strapped into your seat.
- When all checks are finished the propeller will be swung in true bi-plane fashion and your Tiger Moth Scenic Flight would have begun.
- You will be in constant contact with your pilot, as he points out areas of interest and all you have to do is sit back and take in the atmosphere of your Tiger Moth scenic flight.
- On return to the hangar you will be assisted from the aircraft by the ground crew and there will be an opportunity for some further photos.
Your flight will consist of you and your pilot and your friend and their pilot in 2 Tiger Moth bi-planes.
Price below is for 2 people in 2 Tiger Moths. You must book at least 2 days before your activity.