The Coast Track Guided Day Walk: Join us on a fully guided day walk along the rugged and beautiful Coast Track in the Royal National Park. This is a spectacular trail that takes in a salt swept coastline, beautiful sandy beaches and dramatic sea cliffs. Your walking guide will share with you remarkable facts about the local flora and fauna. As well as an abundance of Aboriginal history to absorb about the local Dharawal people. A gourmet picnic lunch is provided as well as snacks, hot tea and fresh coffee. The Coast Track Guided Day Walk is a safe and spectacular way to spend a day walking near Sydney.
The Coast Track Guided Day Walk
- Easy day-hike along Sydney's wild coastline
- A gourmet picnic lunch to recharge with
- Walking in a small group makes the day more personal
- Being led by a passionate guide
The Coast Track Guided Day Walk is an introductory-level bushwalk. It is the perfect way to spend a day outdoors amongst Sydney's Royal National Park. You'll be in total wonderment as you walk amidst the ocean's thunder and salt spray, trailing across exposed sandstone cliffs, sandy beaches and coastal heathland.
Packing swimmers in your day bag is a must because the clean white sand and azure blue waters of the beaches along the trail will entice you in. There will be ample time to relax, fossick the shoreline, and soak up some glorious sunshine.
Your guide is super passionate and will be eager to share with you remarkable facts about the local flora, the common birds and the geological phenomenon's that created the landscape.
A gourmet picnic lunch on the beach is included, along with snacks, hot tea and fresh coffee!
- Approx. 12 hours with 5 hours walking.
- 15 kilometres.
- Grade is "easy"
- A local eco-certified guide
- Hot tea and fresh coffee for morning tea
- Gourmet picnic lunch and snacks, including fruit
- Return transport from Sydney in a private air-conditioned bus
- All Royal National Park fees and track fees
- Emergency communications and first aid kits
- Small group tour with a maximum of ten guests
- A reasonable level of fitness is required
- Mostly flat and gentle with some steeper climbs over headlands
- Expect to walk for a total of 5 hours broken up with rest breaks
- Walking poles are recommended if you have knee problems.
- Poles** can be hired (in pairs) when booking.
Meeting Point information:
- We meet in the Sydney CBD at 6.30am.
- All tours depart from Central Train Station, Sydney CBD.
- Exact meeting place details will be provided with booking confirmation.
What to bring:
- Comfortable, breathable walking clothes
- Jacket during the cooler months (April–October)
- Water bottle – preferably 2L as there are no refill opportunities along the track
- Hiking boots or comfortable walking shoes, runners are ok
- Day pack for personal items
- Hat and sunscreen
- Camera or phone!
- Sense of adventure :)
- Minimum age is 8 years.
- Age pricing is 8–13 years.
- 13+ are charged as adults.
- Black Diamond – Trail Walking Poles
- Suitable for any terrain, these poles are fantastic support on those steady inclines or steep descents.
- Deluge Raincoat
- The Wilderness Equipment Deluge Rain Jacket is perfect for hiking.
- You stay dry with 3-layer moisture vapour permeable polyester fabric.
- With two handwarmer pockets, two weatherproof stash pockets and adjustable cuffs, this jacket will protect you in even the most persistent rainfall.
Cancellations & Weather:
- Coast Track Guided Day Walk is weather dependent.
- If a trip is cancelled you will be offered to reschedule.
- We or the tour provider are not responsible for reimbursement of cost of flights, accommodation, hire car, meals or any other incidental costs which are or may be incurred in relation to the cancelled trip.
- Low guest numbers or other circumstance out of its control can cause a trip to be cancelled.
- Minimum of 4 people are needed for a trip to proceed.
Other Sydney waking trips to tempt you include...
- Blue Mountains Explorer | Bushwalking Day Tour
- Weekend Hiking Tour, Blue Mountains | Ruined Castle Hike
- Mt Solitary Circuit Hike, Blue Mountains, 3 Days
- Kanangra to Katoomba Hike, Blue Mountains, 4 Days