Tasman Peninsula Guided Sea Kayaking Tour: Are you up for a decent day’s sea kayaking? If so then this adventurous, exhilarating sea kayaking tour along the coast of the Tasman National Park towards Cape Hauy is ideal. You’ll be kayaking past Australia’s highest sea cliffs, the iconic dolerite columns and cliffs including Candlestick. Keep an eye out for rock climbers on the Totem Pole, a sheer column famed amongst thrill-seeking rock climbers. You poke your bow into natural sea caves, and get up-close with resident Australian fur seals.
We break for lunch at a deserted cove, paddle over a semi-submerged shipwreck. Witness the abundant bird life that lives along this coast, including soaring sea eagles, diving gannets, cliff-nesting cormorants, peregrine falcons. We may also see a pod of dolphins or a migrating whale if the time of year is right.
Tasman Peninsula Guided Sea Kayaking Tour
- Adventurous sea kayaking.
- Stunning scenery including Australia’s highest sea cliffs.
- Abundant wildlife including Australian Fur seals, sea eagles, peregrine falcons.
- Paddle over semi-submerged shipwreck.
- Gourmet Tasmanian lunch.
- Travel with the operator via bus from Hobart.
- Or meet at Fortescue Bay and save $$
- During the COVID Pandemic we encourage you to meet the guide at Fortescue Bay. If travelling with with the group in the bus please note face masks will be compulsory. Please bring your own face mask.
What is supplied
- Return transport from Hobart.
- National Park entry fees.
- Gourmet lunch and refreshments.
- Passionate and experienced local guides.
- Stable double sea kayaks.
- All kayaking equipment.
- Warm all-weather protection gear.
Fitness and experience
- Moderate physical fitness is required, you will be required to paddle for 4–5 hours
- Kayaking experience is not required
- Minimum age is 16 years.
What to bring and wear
- Sun protection including a hat and sunglasses.
- Comfortable quick-drying clothes suitable for the weather.
- Shoes that can get wet (or we can supply you with wetsuit booties).
- Bottle of water.
- Change of clothes for the trip home.
The location can be exposed to swell and strong winds in adverse weather conditions. If the weather is not suitable on the day you will be offered another day, a different paddle in more protected waters or a full refund.
- Departs Hobart: 8am every Monday and Friday.
- Tours run November to April.
- Allow approximately 10 hours in total.
- Paddling time is 4 to 5 hours.
Other Kayaking tours that could interest you include