Skydive Newcastle and Free Fall over Lake Macquarie: Join Newcastle's only beach tandem skydive! Skydive Newcastle is an experience you’ll never forget. You and your friends will do your briefing, take off and land in the same place – our own private airfield just south of Newcastle. You'll see views up and down the coast, all the way to Lake Macquarie!
Prices: Winter prices only 1st July to 31st August
- 15,000 feet jump height
- Up to 70 sec of free fall
- Sensational coastal and lake views
Your Skydive Newcastle adventure begins with a safety briefing followed by a scenic plane ride to height. As the excitement builds, your expert instructor will prepare you for the countdown and together you will make the ultimate jump from up to 15,000ft above the city of Newcastle with sensational coastal views of Blacksmith Beach and stunning Lake Macquarie.
After you experience freefall reaching speeds of up to 220km/h for up to 70 seconds, your instructor will pull the chute and you will soar serenely like a bird for up to 5 minutes taking in the breathtaking views. If you are feeling brave, take control and steer the parachute – don’t worry, we’ve got your back!
Your Australian Parachute Federation Levy is included in the price.
A free transfer service to Newcastle from Sydney CBD every Monday to Friday is available.
How to Book:
- Select your date from the "Availability" Calendar
- Add number of participants in either Weekend, Weekday or Public Holiday.
- Price shown above is for a Weekday jump.
- Minimum age for tandem skydiving is 12 years.
- People under 18 years must have parent or guardian’s consent.
- You need to be a generally healthy human being with an average fitness level.
- No alcohol is to be consumed 8 hours prior to your tandem skydive,
- We reserve the right to refuse clients we suspect to be intoxicated with no refund.
Weight Restrictions & Additional Fees
- 95kg to 99kg – Surcharge of $25 applies;
- 100kg to 104kg – Surcharge of $50 applies;
- 105kg and over – Surcharge of $100 applies.
- Fees are paid on the day of the jump.
- 100kg–110kg need to be assessed on the day by our drop zone safety officer.
- Tandem skydiving can be affected by weather conditions.
- We cannot jump in strong winds or through cloud.
- If the weather is a problem at the time of your tandem skydive then we will delay your jump or reschedule it for a later date.
- You should allow half a day for your tandem skydive.
- We operate 7 days a week from sunrise to sunset, all year round.
- Each person will have their own instructor for the whole experience and will receive one on one training for the jump.
- This Skydive Newcastle jump takes place a short 30 minute drive from Newcastle, at Lake Macquarie Airport.
What to wear
- Comfortable casual clothes, shorts in summer and jeans or tracksuit pants in winter.
- We will provide you with a pair of skydiving pants to wear over your clothes.
- You may also want to bring a long sleeve t-shirt or sweatshirt.
- Closed in shoes are a must, sneakers or runners that lace up firmly are preferable (no hooks).
Should the weather on the day raise safety concerns and your jump is cancelled by the jump master then we will endeavour to reschedule you for another time or day. Where your schedule does not allow for a reschedule then we will refund your money in full.
No Shows and Late Arrivals: No refund will be issued without sufficient evidence as to why one should be, provided directly to the supplier
- Over 48 hours prior to the experience date: No charge
- Within 48 hours of the experience date: An amount of $110 is charged for any changes to the booking, or cancellations
THESE ARE CONDITIONS SET DOWN BY THE OPERATOR.
Other skydiving locations near by include:
Things to know
- This drop zone operates on weekends only
- This is payable at the drop zone on the day of your skydive.
- No particular level of fitness is required but people with heart conditions or epilepsy cannot jump
- Pregnant mothers are not advised to skydive
- Wear comfortable, flat, closed in shoes – no boots or high heels
- Comfortable clothing
- Skydiving is subject to weather conditions
- Please inform the activity supplier directly of all passenger weights after you have made your booking
- Operating hours vary from season to season – please check directly with operator
- DVD and photo packages are available for purchase at the drop zone. Please contact supplier directly for prices
- 12 years (under 18 years requires guardian present on the day)
- participants over 115kgs are subject to tandem master assessment. Customers 95kgs and over are subject to a weight surcharge.
Changes and Cancellations Policy
- Changes can be made to your skydive booking with 48 hours notice – please contact the supplier directly to make changes
- Cancellations or changes made with less than 48 hours are subject to loss of your entire payment
- If you do not arrive at the drop zone at your allocated booking date and time, no refund will be issued unless sufficient evidence is provided directly to the supplier