Tandem Skydive at Langhorne Creek, near Adelaide. This is South Australia's highest skydive! Do you accept the challenge? Tandem skydiving is an amazing way to experience the thrill and excitement of freefall for the first time, simply because there is no formal training necessary, therefore no drills for you to remember and no major responsibility on your part.
Your tandem skydive experience will have you attached to your tandem skydiving instructor via a dual harness. This allows you to enjoy the thrill of skydiving in a comfortable situation with the wind speeding past your face as you wave to your freefall photographer or tandem instructor's handy-cam video camera.
Tandem Skydive, Langhorne Creek
- 15,000 feet!
- Highest skydive in SA! You can't get any higher
- Scenic flight to jump height
- 70+ seconds of freefall time
- 5-6 minutes of parachute flight time
- Top of the range equipment used
- Family & Friends view platform
After you have signed your waiver, you'll be weighed and fitted with your jump suit and goggles. Your tandem instructor will brief you on what is about to take place and give you a instructions. Then its into the specially fitted aircraft for the 20 minute flight to jump height of 15,000 feet. Your instructor will attach to you, its a quick tap and out the door you go. The rush is in full flight now! 70 seconds of pure adrenaline as you fall at over 200kph. No time to think, arms stretched out you look around and try and take it all in. At around 5,000 feet the instructor opens the parachute and you then glide down for 5-6 minutes touching down gently on the ground. Awesome! All the time your instructor has been filming you.
On the day you'll be offered a range of photo and video packages to choose from. These are paid directly to the operator. Expect to pay from $125-250 depending on what you choose.
Tandem Jump Height Options
- You can choose to skydive from 15,000, 12,000 or 9,000 feet.
- Freefall times vary depending on jump height
- We jump in up to 25 knots of wind subject to turbulent and gusty conditions
- Low, thick complete cloud cover and heavy rain will stop skydiving
- If skydive is cancelled due to weather you will be rebooked on another day
Age & Health
- Minimum age for a tandem skydive is 14 years.
- Anyone under 18 years will require parent or guardian consent.
Size and weight limitations
- The maximum weight for tandem skydive is 115 kg
- A surcharge applies for anyone over 90kg.
- Surcharge for over 90kg $25, over 95kg $45, over 100 $70. Payable on the day.
What should I wear?
- Loose, comfortable clothing is best.
- Runners or sand shoes. No high heals or boots.
- Dress as you would for the weather on the ground.
Glasses and Contact Lenses
You can jump with either as we will supply special goggles for both.
How long will it take?
- Allow 1/2 day free from your arrival at the skydiving centre.
- A Tandem jump involves a 20 minute briefing and gear up after which you will board the aircraft for flight.
- Langhorne Creek dropzone: Private Airfield: 151 Skeldon Rd, Wellington, 5259, SA
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
Why not try this Tandem Skydive...