This Sydney Rock Climbing Course (Rock I – over 2 days) is considered by many to be the finest beginners rock climbing course available anywhere! This is the course you so if you are serious about learning rock climbing. The course takes place near Katoomba in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney. With the rise in popularity of rock climbing in recent years – rock-climbing has become the fastest growing outdoor activity of all – our two-day beginners course is the best way for you to discover why!
Let this rock climbing course help you rediscover what nature intended us to be... climbers.
Sydney Rock Climbing Course
- 2 Full days learning rock climbing
- All technical equipment
- Nationally qualified highly experienced instructors
- Wholesome lunch and refreshments
- Amazing location
Course Itinerary: Day 1
The weekend begins with a short audio visual and instruction in the fundamentals of abseiling and basic rock climbing including:
- The art of safe movement on rock
- Efficient use of holds
- Rope handling
- Tying knots
- Belay anchors and belaying techniques.
On this course you’ll also learn to select and use the latest in modern abseiling and rock climbing equipment. Throughout the day your instructors will accompany you on a special selection of graduated climbs.
Course Itinerary: Day 2
The second day of the course is devoted solely to the simple joys of climbing, with your instructor aiming to take you on as many varied climbs as possible.
The object will be to learn and develop your skills and techniques as you climb! This is the ideal course for the beginner or indoor climbing gym user who wants to make the transition to real rock.
After this course you will be able to competently climb with experienced leaders on short moderately graded rock climbs.
Location: Katoomba, Blue Mountains west of Sydney.
This activity is physically low-impact, if you can walk up a flight of stairs you can participate.
What is Provided?
- Transport from Katoomba to the site
- qualified instructors
- Use of all equipment including ropes, helmets, harnesses, hardware, climbing shoes etc.,
- Log books, course notes and course certificates.
- Approximately one instructor for every five or six participants.
Please bring or wear the following
- shorts, long pants, warm jacket or jumper, T-shirt, sun hat, rain jacket.
- Footwear such as running shoes, or lightweight hiking boots are ideal.
- Also bring a day-pack, water bottle, sun-cream, camera (optional).
Sometimes wet weather may require postponing this activity. If in doubt, contact the operator on the day (number will be supplied at booking).
Short on Time? Try this rock climbing course: