Experience a taste of the Red Bull Air Race right here in Sydney with this very extreme aerobatics joy flight over Sydney. Our aerobatic plane of choice, the Extra 200, has a top speed of 410 km/h, a climb rate of 2,000 feet per minute and a staggering roll rate of 360 degrees per second. It is rated to a neck numbing positive 8 G’s and negative 8 G’s!
This aerobatic flight is not for the faint-hearted! You’ll experience G forces of anywhere between +8G and -4G, alternatively being pushed into your seat or pulled hard against your harness. The large bubble canopy will give you unrivaled, uninterrupted views of the the surrounding landscape.
Red Bull Aerobatics Flight in Sydney
Upon your arrival you will climb into a flight-suit, your pilot will strap you securely into the cockpit and fasten your headphones and flight helmet. There will be plenty of time for photographs of you as you prepare for your flight.
Once airborne you’ll head towards the foothills of the Great Dividing Range. You’ll climb to 3500ft-4000ft and start with some basic manoeuvres- loops, barrel rolls, wingovers and hammer head turns- to get the feel of things. Your pilot may also treat you to some inverted flight- flying upside down. Your pilot will explain each manoeuvre as you go through it.
Once you’re comfortable with the basics – hold on tight as the pilot shows you what this aircraft’s really capable of. You’ll experience a sequence of manoeuvres that will test your, and the aircrafts limits.
The Red Bull Aerobatics Flight is the most extreme aerobatic experience you're likely to find in Sydney and is sure to be an experience you will remember for the rest of your life.
Price shown is for 1 person
Things to know
What to Bring & Wear:
- Wear comfortable, casual clothing suitable to the weather on the day.
- Shoes are required; thongs or sandals are not acceptable.
Bankstown Airport, NSW, approximately 30 minutes from the Sydney CBD
- This flight is not suitable for children under 14years.
- Passengers will not be permitted to fly if they are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. The pilot’s word is final.
- Maximum weight is 100kgs. Maximum height 190cms.
- Passengers must be in good physical health. If you have a physical disability please let us know in advance so we can ensure we have the facilities you will require to access the aircraft and enjoy your flight.
A souvenir DVD may be purchased on the day.