Sydney Intense Aerobatic Joy Flight in a Pitts Special open cockpit Biplane: Aerobatics... There is absolutely nothing like it! Take yourself back to the early flying days when aerobatics was a way of life for the aviator! Let us treat you to the neck-numbing, adrenaline-inducing roller coaster of thrills, loops and rolls 2,000ft in the air above Sydney.
Sydney Aerobatic Joy Flight
- Aerobatic flight in a Pitts Special S2A aerobatic bi-plane
- Open cockpit with the wind through your hair!
- Loops, rolls and other aerobatics high above Sydney
Upon your arrival at Bankstown Airport, you will climb into a flight-suit and prepare for your Sydney Aerobatic Joy Flight. Your pilot will strap you securely into the open-air cockpit of the Pitts Special S2A aerobatic bi-plane and fasten your headphones and flight helmet.
Once airborne you’ll head west towards the foothills of the Great Dividing Range where you'll climb to 3500ft–4000ft. You’ll start with some basic manoeuvres like loops, barrel rolls, wingovers and hammerhead turns, to get the feel of things. Your pilot may also treat you to some inverted flight- flying upside down- and to a hesitation roll- a four-point roll where you pause and fly straight ahead at each quarter turn! Your pilot will explain each manoeuvre as you go through it.
Once your comfortable things begin to hot up with some combination manoeuvres; things like a Roll Off The Top- a half-loop followed by a half roll, and a Split S, the reverse of the Roll off the Top, a half roll followed by a half loop. This may be followed by Cuban Eights and reverse Cuban Eights, which are three-dimensional figure eights. You’ll experience G forces of anywhere between +6G and -3G, alternatively being pushed into your seat or pulled hard against your harness.
After a couple of spins to shake things out your pilot will put all these elements together into an adrenaline-inducing sequence of the type used in competition.
After you’ve had your fill of neck numbing, adrenaline flooding aerial ballet you’ll head back to Bankstown. Landing back at HQ you’ll be hard-pressed to stop smiling for the rest of the day and we hope it is an experience you will remember for the rest of your life.
IMPORTANT: You must provide your weight and height when booking.
- Bankstown Airport NSW
Type of Aircraft:
- Pitts Special Open Cockpit Bi-Plane
- 30 minutes
Numbers on the Day:
- 1 Person per flight
- Not suitable for children under 14 years of age.
- Children under 18 years of age must have permission from a parent or guardian.
- Max weight of 90kg max and height of 190cm applies.
- This is a physically strenuous activity.
- Passengers must be in good health and of reasonable physical condition.
- It is not suitable for people with serious health conditions such as heart disease.
What to Bring & Wear:
- Please wear closed-in shoes (joggers are fine),
- Long hair should be tied back securely into a tight bun.
- We supply the flight suit, the helmet and the fun.
Other Aerobatic Joy Flights to consider: