Sydney Harbour Sailing Lessons – Step 1a – Start Crewing: You begin your sailing adventure with this Step 1A Start Crewing course, on the Australian Sailing Keelboat training pathway. Your two 6 hour sessions will teach you about your sail boat and the responsibilities associated with being a competent crew member. Our experienced sailing instructor will introduce you to the basics of sailing on a small boat, including boat handling, safety and sailing theory. You will cover basic sailing terminology and rules, basic knots, tacking and gybing and man overboard recovery. All of the instructors are qualified by Australian Sailing with years of experience.
Sydney Harbour Sailing Lessons
- In-depth introduction to sailing
- Professional sailing instructor
- Best harbour to learn sailing on!
You will provide life jackets, don’t forget to bring sun safe clothing, sun cream, wear non marking shoes and take a bottle of water.
For this course no experience is necessary, so come along and enjoy sailing here in Manly, one of the best locations to sail in the world!
- Sydney Harbour Sailing Lessons are 12 hours (spread over two 6 hour sessions)
What to Bring:
- Quick dry clothing
- Sun protection
- Hat and shoes to sail in
- Min age is 18+ years.
- Manly Yacht Club, East Esplanade. Manly.
- High winds, thunderstorms, lightening and extremely heavy rain may cause postponement.
- Drizzle, cloudy weather or lack of wind are not a cause for postponement.
- Any postponements initiated by the instructor will be rescheduled.
Once this sailing experience has been confirmed by the operator, any changes are at the discretion of the operator and must be arranged directly with them.
Also, check out our 3 Hour Sailing Experience