Sydney Harbour Guided Kayaking Tour and Lunch: Join this half day guided kayaking tour on Sydney Harbour with a delicious gourmet lunch. We will explore the inner harbour of Sydney and admire the magnificent views of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge. We will stop at Shark Island for a delicious picnic lunch. After lunch we continue on to Rose Bay and return to Tingira Memorial Park. If you are up to it, we can take the longer route via Double bay and Felix beach.
Sydney Harbour Guided Kayaking Tour
- Paddling from Rose Bay to Vaucluse
- Being in a kayak with views of the Sydney Harbour
- Amazing picnic lunch at beautiful Shark Island
The Sydney Harbour Guided Kayaking Tour is suitable for beginners through to advanced kayakers. Three and half to four hour experience including kayak tuition, paddling and lunch break.
Our kayaks are state-of-the-art dagger sea kayaks, they are extremely stable and the chances of a capsize are very remote. You will be wearing a PFD (lifejacket) at all times and the kayaks are virtually unsinkable due to their airtight compartments.
Don't see a date you are after? Contact us in "chat" to see if we can organise it for you.
- fully guided by our professional kayaking guide
- kayak & life jacket hire
- kayak and safety instruction
- gourmet lunch and refreshments.
- Minimum age is 8 years.
- Children (8 to 14) must be accompanied by an adul.
- Each child or teen will need (1) adult each per double Kayak.
What to Bring:
- bring at least 1.5 litres of drinking water
- a hat and sunscreen
- swimming costume and a towel
- change of clothes for after the kayak
- We run kayaking tours all year round.
- We will provide you with spray skirts which keep you warm and stop you getting wet from paddle splash.
- Please wear a wet weather jacket to keep you warm and dry on top.
- This is a 4 hour kayak tour, including kayak tuition, paddling and lunch break.
- Suitable for all persons with average fitness from beginners too advanced.
- As the Kayaks are the much more comfortable sit-inside type, you will need to be less than 2m tall and able to fit in a 40cm wide seat.
Times & Duration:
- Meet time in Tingira Memorial Park, Rose Bay is at 10.15am.
- Sydney Harbour Guided Kayaking Tour is from 10.30am to 2:30pm
- Rain will not affect the operation of our activities.
- However strong winds may cause cancellation of our activities.
- If winds do look like they will affect the tour we will call you to discuss options, as we are a mobile kayak business we have some excellent alternative locations that are sheltered from the wind.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
Read our blog post "Exploring Sydney Harbour by Sea Kayak" for a review of this tour.