Sydney Aerobatics Joy Flight in a Stunt Plane: You can't go past a taste of the Red Bull Air Race right here in Sydney and experience aerobatics at their most intense in the Extra 330 Stunt Plane in this 20-minute aerobatic joy flight. You'll experience loops, barrel rolls, wingovers, hammerhead turns, inverted flight, roll, Cuban eights and more.
Sydney Aerobatics Joy Flight
- Fly in the awesome Extra 330 Stunt Plane
- Amazing views of Sydney
- Experience Loops, barrel rolls, wingovers and hammer turns
- Then there are the "inverted flights" and "hesitation rolls"
- Finishing off with the Cuban Eights and reverse Cuban Eights!
Upon your arrival at Bankstown Airport, you will climb into a flight-suit and prepare to board. Your pilot will strap you securely into the passenger seat of the Extra 300L aerobatic monoplane and fasten your headphones and flight helmet.
After you take off from Bankstown Airport you head for the foothills of the Great Dividing Range and clear space for your aerobatic manoeuvres. Your pilot climbs the Extra to around 4000 feet and you start your basic aerobatics. Manoeuvres like loops, barrel rolls, wingovers and hammerhead turns will get your heart thumping and your blood flowing. You may also be treated to some inverted flight – that's flying upside down! Then you there's the hesitation roll, a four-point roll where you pause and fly straight ahead at each quarter turn! During each aerobatic manoeuvre, your pilot will explain the techniques.
It ain't over yet! Let's throw in some combination manoeuvres! That includes a Roll Off The Top (half-loop followed by a half roll) and a Split S, the reverse of the Roll off the Top. If you've survived all of this you may even get to experience the Cuban Eights and reverse Cuban Eights, which are three-dimensional figure eights.
After all of this, we head back to Bankstown Airport. Even with your feet firmly planted on the ground, we think you'll be jumping around for days!
Did you know you can tick the Sydney Aerobatic Flight off your bucket list this weekend?
- Bankstown Airport NSW
Type of Aircraft:
- Extra 330 Stunt Plane.
- Top speed of 410 km/h
- Climb rate of 2000ft per minute
- 20 minutes
Numbers on the Day:
- 1 Person per flight
- The Sydney Aerobatic Joy Flight is not suitable for children under 14 years of age.
- Children under 18 years of age must have permission from a parent or guardian.
- A max. weight of 115kg max and height of 190cm applies.
This is a physically strenuous activity. Passengers must be in good health and of reasonable physical condition.
It is not suitable for people with serious health conditions such as heart disease.
What to Bring & Wear:
- Please wear closed-in shoes (joggers are fine)
- We recommend you bring sunglasses
- Long hair? Please tie it securely into a tight bun.
Flight suit, the helmet and the fun are supplied by the pilot!
IMPORTANT: You must provide your weight and height when booking.
You may also be interested in these aerobatic flights:
- Red Bull Aerobatic Joy Flight, Sydney, 30 minutes
- Sydney Aerobatic Joy Flight in a Pitts Special S2A
- Hands-On Aerobatic Flying Lesson, Sydney