Sydney 4WD Training and Off Road Skills Course: This 1 day 4WD training course takes place at St Ives in Sydney. This 4WD training course will have you driving your 4WD confidently in all types of terrain and conditions. This is a must for the new 4WD enthusiast.
We discourage “observers” on all of our courses. Observers cannot drive or be involved in class discussion and there is nothing for them to do apart from sit in the vehicle. The 4WD days are quite long and it’s not really a family outing.
Sydney 4WD Off Road Skills Course
- Nationally recognised 4WD Training course
- Highly professional instructors
- Highly regarded training organisation
- Full day hands on 4WD driver training
This 4WD training course has been designed to give you the basic skills to take your 4WD on an off road adventure safely. The number of trainees is limited to a ratio of 1 trainer to 6 students so that you can experience excellent training standards.
About the Sydney 4WD Training Course
This course covers operating your 4WD vehicle over a variety of terrain, water crossings, snatch strap recovery, and wheel changing.
You are not required to do any modifications to your vehicle and we supply all recovery gear necessary for the training.
Nationally Recognised Training Course
- This 4WD Training and Off Road Skills Course Course provides Nationally Recognised Training in the following Units of Competency
- RIIVEH305E Operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle
This course covers:
- performing pre operational vehicle checks
- applying safe vehicle loading practices
- changing a wheel on a 4WD vehicle sited on uneven ground
- stall/key start recovery downhill forward and reverse
- implementing minimal environmental impact practices
- operating a 4WD vehicle competently in off-highway conditions, including:
- up and down steep inclines
- correct range, gears and techniques
- through muddy terrain and ditches
- across side slope involving irregular terrain
- irregular sandy terrain
- through water and along dry and wet dirt roads.
- using a single snatch strap to recover a vehicle
- operating a 4WD vehicle giving due regard to Workplace Health and Safety issues
- knowledge and skills required to use a 4WD vehicle with due regard to environmental issues
- Sydney Basic 4WD Training Course is a 1 Day course.
- Note: Please bring your own lunch & drinks.
- Some pre-reading & answering a pre-course questionnaire is required
- St Ives, NSW
Other 4WD Driver Training Courses include:
- 4WD Sand Driving Course, Noosa, SE Qld
- 4WD Training Brisbane, Low Range | Learn to drive a 4WD
- Newcastle 4WD Training and Off Road Skills Course
- Lithgow 4WD Training and Off Road Skills Course
- Canberra 4WD Training and Off Road Skills Course