Swim with Whale Sharks, Exmouth WA on a Catamaran: Join Windcheetah, a spacious 60ft sailing catamaran and swim with Whale Sharks near Exmouth WA. On this snorkelling tour you could also encounter manta rays, dugongs, turtles, dolphins and snorkel amongst amazing tropical fish and colourful coral. You'll discover all of this on the beautiful Ningaloo Reef just off Exmouth Western Australia. Whale sharks are found in the waters of the Ningaloo Reef from March until the end of July.
Swim with Whale Sharks, Exmouth
- Swim with Whale Sharks
- Snorkelling in Ningaloo Reef
- Expert onboard commentary
- Buffet lunch
A small group of 10 people and your guide will slide into the water with the aim to swim with Whale Sharks. A spotter plane from above with zero the boat in on the exact location of the whale sharks. Your guides are very experienced in reading the fish's behaviour and interaction viability. A swim with Whale sharks is an extraordinary life changing experience and is conduced with the utmost respect to these majestic fish.
As well as swimming with whale sharks, you will get two opportunities to snorkel in the sheltered lagoon of Ningaloo Reef. Here you will see an array of corals, tropical fish, sometimes turtles and rays as well.
As the catamaran cruises the reef you could also see Manta Rays, Dolphins, and what ever else is around on the day.
You are able to join the trip as an observer and can participate in all activities except for entering the water with the whale sharks.
Your boat for the day:
Windcheetah us a spacious and very stable 60ft sailing catamaran which provides a 360-degree viewing platform and the opportunity to lounge and relax on the comfortable day beds, bow nets and various seating spots while soaking up and enjoying the beauty of the Ningaloo Marine Park.
- Bookings are accepted for March – July each year.
What is provided?
- All snorkelling equipment
- Wetsuit, Floatation aids and life jackets
- Marine specialists to answer questions
- Morning tea, buffet lunch, afternoon tea
- Sunscreen, water
- Government fees and charges
- Complimentary professional photography package
What should you bring?
- Swimwear, Hat, Towel
- Warm clothes for after snorkelling
- Sea sickness medication if you feel like you may need it
- Allow 7 hours
- Departure time is 7:45am and returns at approximately 4pm.
- To enter the water you must have a basic swimming ability.
- Adult & Child tickets are same price
- Children aged 2 and under are free of charge.
- Meeting point is Tantabiddi Boat Ramp, on Yardie Creek Road, Exmouth at 8:25am the morning of your tour.
- Complimentary pick up and drop off service to guests staying in Exmouth, or between Exmouth and Tantabiddi Boat Ramp.
- Cruise departures are subject to weather conditions.
- Activities and itineraries are at the discretion of the skipper on the day (decisions will be made with guests best interests in mind. Safety and guest enjoyment will always be our priority).
Operator Terms and Conditions:
- Date transfers are permitted up to 7 days before departure.
- Any changes made 7 days – 48 hours prior will incur a $25.00 re-booking fee.
- No rescheduling is permitted within 48 hours of the departure date.
- Cancellations made 7 days – 72 hours prior to the departure will result in the loss of 25% of the total booking fee.
- Cancellations made 48 – 72 hours before cruise date will result in the loss of 50% of the total booking fee.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours prior to the departure date will not be refunded.
- Missed tours cannot be refunded or rescheduled.
Missed the Whale Shark season?
No problem, you can swim with Humpback Whales from August to October.