Join our Swim with Sea Lions tour from Port Lincoln in South Australia. This is a half day tour to swim, snorkel and photograph the Australian Sea Lion! This Advanced Eco Certified tour is an unforgettable underwater adventure here in beautiful Port Lincoln. We will travel to either Hopkins, Langton, Grindal or Blyth Island to meet the endangered Australian Sea lions, affectionally known as the ‘puppies of the sea’.
Its time to swim with sea lions!
Upon arrival watch the Sea Lions as they bound out to the boat with excitement to begin their awaited performance. These inquisitive sea mammals will engage you in their underwater production. Somersaults, back flips, and graceful swirls will fascinate and amaze you!
The leaps and twists out of the water right in front of you – truly electrifying! Join the Australian Sea Lion and become part of their underwater playground! Swim snorkel and photograph the Australian Sea Lion! This ultimate package is inclusive of mask, snorkel, wetsuit and fins!
The water is a safe 2m in depth and all swimmers feel comfortable in the clear water with sand below.
Experience the thrill of being tantalisingly close to the sea’s most playful mammals.
- Children under the age of 8 are only allowed to enter the water at the Skippers discretion on the day.
- All children under the age of 16 require adult supervision at all times.
- If they are in the water their supervising adult is required to also be in the water at all times.
- Any guest under the age of 18 needs to have their waiver form signed by a parent or guardian.
- *Family Price $560, includes 2x Adults +2x children
- Port Lincoln, South Australia
- Half day tour – approximately 4.5 hours.
- The journey to and from the island is around 1.5 hours.
- Operates from the last weekend in September through to mid June.
- 7.45am boarding includes breakfast, tea/coffee and light refreshments.
- 11.00am boarding includes lunch, tea/coffee and light refreshments.
- Mask, snorkel, wetsuit & fins.
- Non swimmers are able to join the crew in the tender boat to get closer to the sea lions.
- Maximum of 25 passengers.
- Minimum of 4 passengers required for this trip to operate.
What to bring
- Swimmers and a towel.
- Your camera, if you have one. If not we do hire our GoPros on board.
- Charging cables. USB points are available on our vessels.
- Comfortable clothing: Remember to pack some warm clothes as it can get cool on the water (even in summer). Our vessels have reverse cycle air-conditioning for your comfort.
- Boat appropriate soft-soled shoes. No thongs
- Space is limited, small bags are appreciated.
Facilities: Toilet on board, Drinks and light snacks available for purchase
Note: To swim with the Sea Lions you MUST have basic swimming skills and be a confident ocean swimmer. We only swim off the back of the boat and do not set foot on the Island as it is a natural reserve. When you first enter the water it is 2m deep, however if you swim 50m you can actually stand. Please keep this in mind when making your booking.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
Step up for an adrenaline experience with the Great White Shark Cage Diving, Port Lincoln.