Swim with Dolphins, Port Stephens: Join the only permitted dolphin swim in New South Wales, at Port Stephens. Just a quick 2.5-hour drive north from Sydney, you’ll join the local pod aboard the 52’ catamaran. You are attached to a customised rope which is strung between the two bows of the catamaran. You are towed through the water all the while, inquisitive wild dolphins dart back and forth between the bows and within a couple of metres of you.
The Swim with Dolphins experience takes place within the Port Stephens-Great Lakes Marine Park, with the tour departing from d'Albora Marina in Nelson Bay, Port Stephens. This is a beautiful location on the north coast of NSW and definitely worth experiencing!
Swim with Dolphins
- Discover the secret lives of dolphins with our onboard team of experts
- Experience dolphins in their natural habitat
- Being amongst wild Short Beaked Common Dolphins
Swim with Dolphins experience includes:
- 4-hour dolphin cruise
- The swim experience itself
- Wetsuit, mask, snorkel, safety harness
- Full training by experienced staff members
- Onboard expert commentary
- 30 day return dolphin guarantee
- Complimentary above-water photos
COVID19 Status: This tour complies with NSW Government's COVID Safe protocols. As a result, guests are required to bring their own snacks and drinks on this tour.
Age & Fitness:
- Open to ages 7 yrs and onwards!
- Children/teens 7–18 years must be approved by parent/carer.
- Maximum weight is 105kg
- Limited swimming ability is required, with snorkelling experience an advantage
- Pregnant women usually up to 2nd trimester are okay. Discuss first with us prior to booking.
- Time: 5:00 am to 10:00 am – 4-hour tour (guests are requested to arrive at 5:00 am for check-in and wetsuit fitting)
Where is Port Stephens?
- 2.5 hours north of Sydney.
- Swim with Dolphins in Port Stephens departs Dock C, d'Albora Marina, Teramby Road, Nelson Bay, Port Stephens, New South Wales.
- There is a maximum of 36 guests (24 swimmers and 12 observers) on each Swim with Dolphins cruise.
- Tours operate on Saturdays and Sundays, with extra tours running during NSW Christmas school holidays.
- Check the 'Availability' tab for up-to-date info.
- Private charter available – call to discuss.
- Tours must reach a minimum number of swimmer bookings to operate.
- Tours will NOT operate in unsafe conditions.
- All participants must sign a Risk Warning.
- Go Pros / underwater cameras or electronic devices are not permitted in the water during the swim.
- Participants can only change the date of the Swim with Dolphins cruise up to seven (7) days prior to the original date. Any such change is subject to payment of an administration fee directly to the operator.
- Price for a Swimmer includes a ‘Swim with Dolphins’ guarantee. If you do not swim with dolphins, you may return within 12 months of original booking for free until you complete the swim.
- Visitors who do not swim with dolphins and cannot return may apply for a 50% refund.