Swim with dolphins only 45 minutes south of Perth, Western Australia. Your Wild Dolphin Experience takes place in the calm waters of the Shoalwater Islands Marine Park. With a local community of over 200 Bottlenose dolphins that call this area home, it’s not long before you will encounter a pod.
Swim with Dolphins, Perth WA
- 3-6 hour boat cruise
- Swimming with dolphins
- Light lunch and refreshments
- Professional guides and crew ensure safety
Your friendly guide will help you slip into your wetsuit, fit your mask and snorkel and get you ready to begin your dolphin swimming adventure. Your guides will have you seated and ready, and when the captain has the boat ready, he gives the ok and its time to get wet. Our specially designed boat has a swim deck at the rear of the boat to make it easy for you to slide into the water.
Of course, our guides will be joining you in the water to ensure you make the most of this very wild dolphin encounter. It doesn’t take long for the inquisitive dolphins to join you. The dolphins do not do any tricks and we won’t be feeding them, this is a wild dolphin encounter and we are very respectful of their behaviours, and we know that our friendship with the dolphins is reflected in a 99% swim success rate.
Do you need to be an expert swimmer? No, you don’t! No previous snorkelling experience is needed either. Your guide will conduct snorkelling lessons for beginners, and they are very experienced helping people who are not as comfortable in the water.
Spectators are welcome! You don't have to swim with dolphins to enjoy the Wild Dolphin Experience. You will still get a fantastic view of the dolphins onboard.
Can we touch the dolphins?
We adhere to a strict “no touch” policy to ensure that our skin does not transmit skin diseases or damaging their protective skin layer.
We think Shoalwater Bay, near Perth is one of the best locations where can you swim with dolphins in Australia. So join us on this amazing adventure!
- 3 to 6 hour cruise on our luxury, custom built boat (toilets and showers onboard)
- Full length wetsuits, mask and snorkel & snorkeling lessons
- Our wild dolphin guarantee! If we don't swim with dolphins on your cruise, you can come again for free.
- Expert guides riding underwater scooters to get you up close and personal with the dolphins
- Light lunch and refreshments served onboard
- Self serve tea, coffee, hot chocolate & fresh water
- Transfers from Perth are available.
- Option 1: $10 per person: Wellington Street Tourist Coach Stand departure in Perth.
- Option 2: $20 per person: Perth CBD or Crown Burswood Hotel Transfers.
- Spectators are welcome to join this cruise.
- You will enjoy all of the cruise facilities except the swim component.
Departure Times & Bookings
- Cruises operate daily September to early June subject to weather and minimum bookings.
- Passengers making their own way to Rockingham must meet our boat at 8am sharp.
- Cruise duration is approximately 3 to 6 hours depending on dolphin sightings and behaviours.
What to bring
- Swimsuit, towel and a change of clothes.
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Bring a warm jacket as the sea breeze can be cool.
Where to meet
- Meet at The Cruising Yacht Club Jetty, at Rockingham. Corner of Val Street and the Esplanade.
- The Swim with Dolphins encounter is not suitable for children 6 years or younger.
Weather on the day
- Cruises are subject to weather and can be cancelled if the weather is unsuitable.
- You can reschedule or a refund will be offered by Break Loose.
- To join this tour you must sign a waiver of liability prior to your tour departing.
- Return coach to Perth drops off between 1 and 4pm