Swim with Whale Sharks, Ningaloo Reef, WA: Swim with the largest fish in the world and the largest of the shark family – the Whale Shark on Ningaloo Reef. This harmless plankton eater is a curious and inquisitive creature. Reported to reach 18 metres (60ft) but averages 12 metres (40ft) in length, the whale shark is easily identified by its huge size, wide mouth and distinctive pattern of white spots.
Swim with Whale Sharks
- Swimming up close to Whale Sharks
- Visiting the stunning Ningaloo Reef
- Lunch and refreshments included
Come and join this whale shark experience and enjoy a day out snorkelling and swimming with Whale Sharks and an array of marine life! Or just sit back and enjoy the views with a glass of champagne on the Ningaloo reef off the coast of Exmouth.
Certified Eco Tourism Business
Your tour guide is a Certified Eco Tourism Business and are accredited by the Tourism Council of Western Australia, meaning this tour adheres to best practice and standards for environmentally responsible tourism.
About the Boat
You will travel aboard Venture IV, a 65-foot state of the art vessel, with a huge undercover lower deck with comfortable seating and easy access to the marlin board at water level. Then we have a huge upper deck for observation and sunbathing.
Swim with Whale Sharks on Ningaloo Reef
- Courtesy bus pick up and drop off from your accommodation
- Professional team on board with years of experience in Marine Tourism and Dive instruction
- Full day boat trip
- Lunch provided – Gourmet buffet lunch made fresh daily including cold meat, salads bread, fresh salad platter, fruits & refreshments
- Morning tea provided – tea, coffee and treats
- A complimentary glass of champagne at the conclusion of the day while cruising around the reef looking at the Ningaloo Reef wildlife.
- Informative Whale Shark briefing by certified guide
- Snorkel on the Ningaloo Reef
- Age is no barrier – we have qualified guides and swim aids to assist you in the water
- Extra in-water support if required e.g. buoyancy aids, noodles, snorkel tuition, even a hand to hold
- Snorkelling gear provided or BYO
- Prescription masks if required
- Wetsuits and stinger suits provided
- Spotter plane to assist with sightings
- High safety protocols including relevant safety equipment. Defibrillators, Oxy viva and fully stocked med kits on board both vessels.
- Safety and snorkel site briefings, roll calls, Informative talks on the local flora and fauna
- No show policy, if you don’t see a Whale Shark go again within 2 years for FREE!
- Qualified Professional Videographer on board; take a memoir home of your special day! FREE
- Complimentary gift pack – includes certificate stating the day and date you swam with your first Whale Shark, video, photos & awesome Ningaloo Blue Dive stickers.
Whale Shark Season:
- Our Swim with Whale Shark experience runs 7 days a week, from March to the end of August.
Ages & Pricing Options:
- Minimum age to participate is 6 years.
- Child must be able to swim confidently.
- Parent or guardian must accompany the child into the water.
- Child Price: 6–16 yrs
- Family: 2 Adults + 2 Children (6–16 yrs)
What do I bring?
- You need only bring personal items.
What to wear:
- Swimwear on to the boat.
- Please also bring along a towel and something warm to wear.
- Foot wear is not required.
- Allow approx. 8 hours for the Swim with Whale Sharks experience.
- The Swim with Whale Sharks tour leaves at 7 am.
- Please arrive at least 15 min prior to departure.
Missed the Whale Shark season?
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
Why not visit August – October and swim with a Humpback whale?