Stand Up Paddle Board Lessons Melbourne – SUP Lessons: This Melbourne SUP (Stand Up Paddle board) lesson will have you up and paddling in a short space of time. What makes stand up paddle boarding so much fun is that its safe and just about anyone can do it! Located at Melbourne's bayside suburb of St Kilda you will be paddling amongst the yachts and the sea life including some of St Kilda's 1000 penguins.
You’ll be matched with the correct board and paddle so you feel comfortable and safe at all times.
Stand Up Paddle board lessons
- St Kilda location
- 90 minutes of SUP time, including 30 mins of instruction
- Instructors on hand for advice
- All gear necessary for a safe experience
- Stand Up Paddle board, leg rope, paddle, wetsuit (if needed), lifejacket (if needed) and rash vest are all provided.
This is lesson takes place within a group environment.
You will learn:
- Safety on the water
- Familiarity with SUP equipment
- Safe carrying of your equipment
- Basic paddle strokes and turns
- Correct posture and position whilst paddling
- Safe entry and exit from the water
- Using the paddle for stability
- Advanced strokes for turning and catching waves
- The St Kilda paddling environment
- Basic core fitness workout
What is provided:
- SUP lesson; 90 minute session, including 30 minutes of instruction
- SUP equipment provided: Stand Up Paddle board, leg rope, paddle, wetsuit (if required), lifejacket (if required) and rash vest.
What to wear & bring:
- Bathers, towel, and all normal beach attire and items.
- Sunscreen, cap and sunglasses
You may also be interested in:
- Private Stand Up Paddle Board Lesson, St Kilda, Melbourne
- Stand Up Paddle Board Hire, Melbourne, 60 mins
- Half Day Kayaking Tour, St Kilda, Melbourne