Sorrento Sea Kayaking Tour to the Point Nepean Dolphin Sanctuary: On this kayaking tour we will paddle along the Sorrento and Portsea foreshores towards Point Nepean National Park, the home of the Point Nepean Dolphin Sanctuary. Here you'll get the opportunity to see local Bottlenose and Common dolphin communities up close. With Clear water, sandy beaches, mansions keep a keen eye out for sea eagles and cormorants. We visit the former quarantine station for lunch time and just look out over the “Heads” and Queenscliff. There is scope to do some snorkelling at the lunch spot so bring along some snorkelling gear.
Kayaking Skill Required:
- Lunch, Snacks and drinks
- Qualified and experienced guides.
- Safety gear and emergency procedures organised by the guide.
- Use of double and single sea kayaks, paddle, life jacket, spray skirt, water proof jacket, pump, dry bags
- Fantastic scenery, sea eagles, dolphins, seals etc on occasion.
- Good fun, relaxation, fitness, fresh air.
- The Sorrento Sea Kayaking Tour lasts 6 hours.
- Tour time is 9:30am to 3:30pm.
- Meet on the Sorrento foreshore (west side of Sorrento Yacht Club)
Numbers on the day:
- We operate with a minimum of 4 and maximum of 12.
- Each participant must be over 16 years of age.
- Single sea kayaks will only be available to experienced participants
- Please advise if anyone is over 195 cm in height; are over 110 kg in weight and/or are over 120 cm in the hip measurement
- Please advise if over 70 years of age to ensure tour/course suits fitness level.
- You will need to sign an indemnity form and medical form before commencing the trip.
- Dry bags are supplied for camera equipment and mobile phones.
- All our staff are qualified and have a First Aid certificate and at least 5 years experience.
You may be interested in these Melbourne kayaking tours:
- Melbourne City Kayaking Tour
- Melbourne Twilight Kayaking Tour
- Half Day Kayaking Tour, St Kilda, Melbourne
- Woolamai Waters Sea Kayaking Tour, Phillip Island
- Melbourne White Water Kayaking Trip, Half Day