Solitary Islands Boat Cruise from Coffs Harbour on the north coast of NSW: Enjoy a half day boat cruise through the Solitary Islands Marine Park to South Solitary Island and the historic lighthouse and keeper’s residence built in 1880. The Lighthouse Boat Cruise circumnavigates South Solitary Island, providing stunning views of the lighthouse and dwellings, amazing arches and rock formations of the weathered shoreline.
The captain will share historical photos, videos and commentary about the lighthouse and the interesting people who lived there. Weather permitting, Pacific Explorer will sail on the return trip to port. Morning tea provided.
Solitary Islands Boat Cruise, Coffs Harbour
- Half day sailing cruise
- Visiting Solitary Islands Marine Park
- Circumnavigating South Solitary Island
- Seeing the lighthouse, dwellings and amazing rock formations
The lighthouse is one of only two based on islands along the NSW coastline and is regarded as the most isolated and rugged. From 1880 to 1975 the island was maintained by lighthouse keepers and their families, who lived permanently on the island with limited, if any, visits to the mainland.
The vessel, Pacific Explorer, is a purpose built stable sea-going vessel. She is a catamaran design with wide hull and low centre of gravity offering a reduced rocking and rolling motion, which helps as you move about the boat and with taking photos.
- Half day boat cruise from Coffs Harbour
- Professional, experienced crew with onboard commentary
- Suitable for all ages.
- Child* prices are for ages 2–12 years.
- Solitary Islands Boat Cruise is seasonal, from December to March annually.
- Cruise operate on selected days during the week. See "Availability" above.
- Cruise are subject to sea and weather conditions and minimum numbers.
- Cruise depart at 8:30am.
- Dolphin watching is a weather dependent experience.
- If the weather or sea conditions are unsafe the cruise will be rescheduled.
- A maximum of 23 passengers will be aboard.
What to wear:
- We recommend layered clothing and soft soled shoes.
- It can be cool on the water so please bring a jacket.
- No hard sole boots.
- “E” finger, Coffs Harbour International Marina, approximately 4.5km from the main city centre.
- Once booked, cancellations are at the discretion of the operator.
- No changes are accepted within 24 hours of your cruise.
- If you fail to show or are late you will forfeit your booking with no refund available.
- Travel insurance is always recommended.
- These are the conditions imposed by the operator.
Other cruises that may interest you: