Snorkelling, Kayaking, Island Cruise, Coffs Harbour: This is a boat cruise to Split Solitary Island, including snorkelling and kayaking. Split Solitary Island is a 4 nautical mile boat cruise from Coffs Harbour port aboard Pacific Explorer. Once there you'll enjoy snorkelling at the base of the island, viewing corals and sub-tropical fish. Keep an eye out for the odd Wobbegong shark and rays. You can also kayak in two seated kayaks which are available, and paddle along the sheltered edges or circumnavigate the island with support from a crewed inflatable boat.
Snorkelling, Kayaking, Island Cruise, Coffs Harbour
- Boat trip to Split Solitary Island
- Snorkelling at the base of Split Solitary Island
- Swimming amongst corals and sub tropical fish
- Kayaking around the island
The vessel, Pacific Explorer, is a purpose built stable sea-going vessel. She is a catamaran design with wide hull and low centre of gravity offering a reduced rocking and rolling motion, which helps as you move about the boat and with taking photos.
- All equipment for snorkelling including goggles, snorkels, flippers, wetsuits.
- Kayaks, paddles, PFDs.
- Morning tea.
- Cruises depart at 8:30am – 12:30pm.
- See our "availability" calendar above for dates.
- Operates December to April
- Allow around 4 hours for this trip
- Children must be 8 years or over to snorkel.
- All snorkelers must be competent swimmers.
- Kayaks are twin seats for two shared paddlers.
- An adult must accompany any child on a kayak.
- Cruises are subject to minimum numbers.
- Snorkelling & kayaking is a weather dependent experience.
- If the weather or sea conditions are unsafe the cruise will be rescheduled.
- A maximum of 23 passengers will be aboard.
What to wear & bring:
- We recommend layered clothing and soft soled shoes.
- It can be cool on the water so please bring a jacket.
- No hard sole boots.
- Swimmers, towel, change of clothes
- Sunscreen, hat
- “E” finger, Coffs Harbour International Marina, approximately 4.5km from the main city centre.
- Once booked, cancellations are at the discretion of the operator.
- If you fail to show or are late you will forfeit your booking with no refund available.
Other activities in Coffs Harbour
- Solitary Islands Boat Cruise, Coffs Harbour NSW (summer)
- Dolphin Watching Boat Cruise, Coffs Harbour NSW (summer)
- Whale Watching Cruise, Coffs Harbour NSW (winter)