Six Foot Track Guided Hike, Blue Mountains, 3 Days: Join us on a fully supported, guided hike of the famous Six Foot Track from Jenolan Caves to Katoomba. Winding through State forests and national parks, the track follows the 45 kilometre route of the original 1884 horse track. Crossing mountain ranges and falling into deep valleys, the track features sheer sandstone cliffs, waterfalls and panoramas of richly-forested valleys.
The Six Foot Track Guided Hike is a fully supported hike and includes all your bags carried and meals prepared for your enjoyment served with local wines. Our package include snack packs, breakfasts, 3 lunches and delicious dinners featuring beautiful local produce, beer and wines. A tour of Jenolan Caves is also included as part of your journey. A fantastic walking experience with all the creature comforts.
Of course our guides are locals who are passionate, well trained and enthusiastic with the ability to bring to life a depth of information.
Six Foot Track Guided Hike inclusions:
- Pack Free walk with your overnight luggage transported every day
- Accommodation Night 1 in a Classic Room with ensuite at Jenolan Caves House
- Accommodation Night 2 at the Hampton Hotel
- Lunch day 3 at a local winery with spectacular views of the Blue Mountains escarpment
- Smorgasbord lunch on the trail day 2
- 2 x Hot and Cold breakfasts
- Dinner served with wine in Chisholms Restaurant at Jenolan Caves House
- Dinner served with wine in Hampton Hotel Restaurant
- Morning Jenolan Caves tour
- Fresh fruit and trail mix to enjoy during your walk
- Professional guides
- Transfers to Jenolan Caves to start your walk
Six Foot Track Guided Hike Itinery
Day 1: Binoomera Ridge to Jenolan Caves
Walk: Approximately 10kms. 4 hours walking with breaks. Medium grade
- Meet at the historic Carrington Hotel In Katoomba for our walking briefing at 8.30am.
- We transfer to Black Range to start our walk into Jenolan Caves.
- On the way we will pass the pretty Jenolan Cottages a favourite stomping ground for mobs of kangaroos.
- We head down Binoomera Ridge and pass stunning Carlotta Arch before arriving into Jenolan Caves.
- After lunch we enjoy a guided tour of the Temple of Baal Cave, renowned for its beauty and spectacular features.
- We enter the Temple of Baal Cave via the ‘Binoomea Cut’ a long manmade tunnel.
- Then, they travel down the ‘Dragon’s Throat’, via a dramatic winding staircase.
- There are 2 massive chambers, one 42 metres high and filled with beautiful formations. One of these formations, the 9 metre tall ‘Angel’s Wing’ shawl, is one of the largest cave shawls in the world. The cave also offers beautiful examples of crystal helictites.
- First night is spent at the historic Jenolan Caves House in a grand classic room including dinner in the Chisholm’s Restaurant.
Day 2: Black Range to Coxs River
Walk: Approximately 17kms 6 hours walking with breaks. Medium to Hard grade
- After a hearty breakfast we transfer back to the trail to start our walk down the range to Coxs River.
- Today has many downhill sections descending 800 metres over the course of the day.
- We follow the fire trail passing through wooded country past Mini Mini saddle with views ahead to the valley.
- On the last descent into Coxs River, will are meet by our transport back to our accommodation at the newly renovated Hampton Hotel.
- Here you will enjoy charming ensuited rooms so you can have a relaxing shower before dinner.
- Tonight enjoy dinner in the restaurant served with wine.
Day 3: Coxs River to Nellies Glen, Katoomba
Walk: Approximately 15kms. 6 hours walking with breaks. Medium grade
- After breakfast, we transfer back to the Six Foot Track picking it up at the Coxs River.
- We follow the trail along the pretty river to the historic Bowtell Swing Bridge and exciting river crossing.
- Meander through the forest to we reach the charming Dryridge Estate Winery in the Megalong Valley.
- We enjoy a lunch stop here with a delicious BBQ lunch and wine tasting.
- After lunch we follow the rolling hills passing properties with horses.
- Our final steps that will takes us through the rainforest gorge of Nellies Glen.
- Ensure you stop to look up at the spectacular escarpment above you as you make the climb.
- We finish the Six Foot Track hike near the Explorer Tree, with transfers back to the Carrington Hotel.
- A good to excellent level of fitness is needed to complete this walk.
- The Six Foot Track hike is graded as medium (with some hard uphill sections).
- We'll take the pace at a level that suits everyone.
- There are plenty of rest stops during the day.
You may also enjoy these Blue Mountains walk:
- Wolgan Valley with Glow Worm Cave 2 Day Walk
- Blue Mountains Valley of the Waterfalls Walking Tour (Private for 6 people)
- Blue Mountains Hiking Tour, Ruined Castle, Private Tour (Private for 6 people)