The Shoalwater Islands Kayaking Tour is a full day sea kayaking tour that will have you exploring the coastlines of Seal, Penguin and Bird Islands spotting for dolphins, abundant birdlife (including pelicans, ospreys, cormorants and sea eagles), as well as the cheeky sea lions. As the male sea lions return from the northern breeding islands peak numbers are expected between June and September.
Shoalwater Islands Kayaking Tour
- Kayaking in the stunning Shoalwater Marine Park
- Healthy picnic lunch and a nature walk at Point Peron
- Spot dolphins, penguins and sea lions and amazing birdlife
Our bus departs Perth daily to Shoalwater Bay where we introduce you to your stable double sea kayaks. These are easy to paddle and allow you to see Australian Sea Lions in their natural environment. These playful creatures love to swim and splash around your boat along with the dolphins. We'll also stop off for a healthy picnic lunch prepared by your guide at Point Peron and explore some amazing rock formations, and breathtaking natural beauty.
- This is a seasonal experience available between 1st June to mid Sept
- Our of season, try our Seal & Penguin Island Kayaking Tour
- You will be required to sign an indemnity form prior to participating in this experience.
- Childs age range to 16 years.
What to wear/bring:
- Please wear warm clothes for paddling such as a fleece-windproof jacket, and footwear that you can walk in and get wet
- It is recommended to bring a head strap for glasses/sunglasses, a camera, towel and a change of clothes for the trip home
- Bring something to drink, and there will be time for a snack also if you want to bring something to eat.
- If your camera is not waterproof a dry bag is recommended.
What is included:
- all of the gear including sea kayak, PFDs
- snorkeling gear
- picnic lunch
- profession guide + basic tuition
- transport from and back to Perth
This trip operates in most weather conditions but should the operator need to cancel your kayaking trip, it will be rescheduled for a later date.
Availability & Transfers
- Available weekdays from 1st June to mid Sept
- Perth City pick-ups are between 8.45 am – 9.15 am
- Or you can meet us at the Arcadia drive carpark, Shoalwater Bay at 10 am.