Sheep Dip and Rocky Creek Canyoning Tour, Blue Mountains: These canyons are a load of serious fun! One of the most fun canyoning trips you can do in the Blue Mountains that doesn't involve abseiling. With lots of slippery dips, water jumps and interesting scrambles, this expedition makes for a very exciting day in the wild outdoors. The great thing about this trip is that you won’t require any previous abseiling or canyoning experience to participate in this very memorable journey.
Sheep Dip and Rocky Creek Canyoning Tour
- Two different canyons
- True wilderness location
- Majestic cliff views
- Ideal for all beginners
Sheep Dip and Rocky Creek Canyoning Tour Itinerary
Regarded by insiders as a "must do canyon", Rocky Creek has to be one of the most magnificent Blue Mountains canyon systems to visit.
We start the morning with a short 10 minute walk to the first of two Blue Mountain canyons, Twister Canyon. We suit up in our supplied wetsuits off we go! Also known as Sheep Dip, you literally jump into a pool, swim across and slide or jump into the next one for a total of 8 pools. Prepare to get seriously wet!
Once we exit the first canyon, it's a 30 min trail walk through a valley lined with tree ferns and arrive at the start of Rocky Creek canyon, most impressive slot canyons in the Blue Mountains. This is a completely different canyon. 70 metre high walls tower overhead and many tunnel swims, waterfall scrambles and rock slides takes us to the sunshine at the end.
At the end of our canyon trip, we do a 1 hour bush walk through beautiful rainforest sections then there is the final uphill push back to the carpark.
- 8 hours duration
- Max of 10 people on the day
- All technical equipment (wetsuit, waterproof backpack, climbing shoes)
- Nationally Qualified and Highly Experienced Instructors.
- A wholesome lunch and refreshments included!
- All National Parks entry fees.
- A waterproof camera for the group to use
Fitness & Restrictions
- Minimum age of 14yrs (call if you have a child younger so we can check if this canyon is suitable).
- Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult.
- A good level of fitness is required.
- A good nights sleep is recommended the night before.
- November to March. Does not run in Winter.
- Advance bookings required.
What to Bring
- Closed-in shoes that can get wet
- Change of clothes – a must
- Swimming costume – optional
- Loose shorts to wear over our wetsuit
- Drinking water – about 2 litres
- Camera, hat & sunscreen
- Sense of adventure
- Canyoning experiences are weather dependent.
- The trip leaders will decide if the trip will be cancelled.
- The trip will go ahead unless you are notified by the tour operator.
You may be interested in these canyoning tours