PADI Open Water Dive Course - Gold Coast: This PADI open water dive course is an entry level scuba diving course designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge to safely dive to a depth of 18 metres. When completed you’ll be awarded with the PADI Open Water Certification card, an internationally recognised qualification allowing you to dive anywhere in the world. The Open Water dive course takes place at Wave Break Island, 10 minutes north by boat through the Gold Coast waters.
PADI Open Water Dive Course Gold Coast
The PADI Open Water Course consists of:
- Academic training: This is the theory of scuba diving that provides you with the basic principles and knowledge you need for safe diving.
- Confined water training: Taught in a safe enclosed environment, this will teach you the basic skills of diving.
- Open Water training: Here you’ll take the skills and knowledge learned previously and apply them in a real life open water environment under the safe guidance of your instructor.
This course takes place over 3 days. Allow approximately 3 hours per day.
- Open Water Manual
- Dive Logbook
- Certification card
- Wall certificate
- All boat dives, equipment
- Fully qualified PADI instructor
- Dive tables
- Return transfers
Important: An addition fee of $75 is paid directly to the instructor to cover the costs of books/materials & registration.
- 12 years of age or older
- Completion of a diving medical statement
The PADI Open Water Certification card will be awarded on successful completion of the course. This will allow you to dive anywhere in the world to depth of 18 metres, hire equipment from dive stores, with the certification valid for life.
Three days with approximately three hours per day.
This course will run in wet weather. If the instructor cancels due to dangerous weather, you will have the option to reschedule or receive a full refund.