Our Royal National Park kayak tour begins on the beach at Bonnie Vale picnic grounds, near Bundeena south of Sydney. You will be briefed on paddling techniques, safety and fitting of kayaks and safety vests. Kayak styles will vary and include both enclosed and sit-on-top double and single kayaks, all of which are top quality touring class kayaks, equipped with rudders and plenty of storage space. This is a good kayaking tour if you are thinking of trying kayaking for the first time, and yet it is still suitable for paddlers with some kayaking experience.
With an experienced and knowledgeable guide accompanying you, you’ll paddle across the bay, along beaches and into the surrounds of the Royal National Park. During the tour, we will stop at select points along the way where your guide will talk about the history and wildlife of the area.
Half way through the paddle, we stop for a break. There will an opportunity to swim and stretch your legs at one of the many secluded beaches or grassy patches in the National Park. Enjoy a light, sweet morning tea and hot drink before paddling back to base.
- Meet 15 minutes prior to scheduled start of your tour to complete paperwork, be fitted into safety vest and kayak and organise your gear.
- Start off with technique and safety briefing from your expert guide
- Now it’s time to start paddling –
enjoy an approximate 4km along the gorgeous stretches of Bundeena beaches and sand- spit and up into the Royal National Park. A few short breaks along the way where your expert guided will point out the many natural and cultural features of the area
- Stop off at one of the secluded beaches for a tea break and leg stretch for about 20 minutes
- Start the paddle back to base
- Return to gorgeous beach front base where you can enjoy a swim or a picnic at your leisure