Royal National Park Kayak Tour, Sydney: Our Royal National Park kayak tour begins on the beach at Bonnie Vale picnic grounds, near Bundeena south of Sydney. You will be briefed on paddling techniques, safety and fitting of kayaks and safety vests. Kayak styles will vary and include both enclosed and sit-on-top double and single kayaks, all of which are top quality touring class kayaks, equipped with rudders and plenty of storage space. This is a good kayaking tour if you are thinking of trying kayaking for the first time, and yet it is still suitable for paddlers with some kayaking experience.
Royal National Park Kayak Tour
- Kayaking around the pristine Bundeena beaches
- Fully guided with paddling instruction
- Small groups sizes for personal attention
- Discover the cultural and natural features of the area
- Stopping off in the Royal National Park for morning tea
With an experienced and knowledgeable guide accompanying you, you'll paddle across the bay, along beaches and into the surrounds of the Royal National Park. During the tour, we will stop at select points along the way where your guide will talk about the history and wildlife of the area.
Half way through the paddle, we stop for a break. There will an opportunity to swim and stretch your legs at one of the many secluded beaches or grassy patches in the National Park. Enjoy a light, sweet morning tea and hot drink before paddling back to base.
- Meet 15 minutes prior to scheduled start of your tour to complete paperwork,
- Get fitted into safety vest and kayak and organise your gear.
- Start off with technique and safety briefing from your expert guide
- Now it’s time to start paddling -
enjoy an approximate 4km along the gorgeous stretches of Bundeena beaches and sand- spit and up into the Royal National Park. A few short breaks along the way where your expert guided will point out the many natural and cultural features of the area
- Stop off at one of the secluded beaches for a tea break and leg stretch for about 20 minutes
- Start the paddle back to base
- Return to gorgeous beach front base where you can enjoy a swim or a picnic at your leisure
- Bonnie Vale, Bundeena NSW south of Sydney in the Royal National Park.
- No kayaking experience is necessary.
- You must be able to swim and be in reasonably fit condition.
- Minimum age 16 years.
Days & Time:
- Saturdays, 10am. See "Availability" tab above.
- Enquire with us about other dates not shown.
What to bring?
- Hat, sunscreen, towel
- Change of clothes, sunglasses,
- Water bottle, plastic bag or dry bag, picnic lunch and rug.
What is provided:
- Basic kayaking paddling and safety instruction.
- Professional accredited guide.
- Kayak, safety gear, a light sweet supper.
- Morning Tea – tea/coffee, biscuits, nuts/dried fruit, seasonal fruit mix, juice.
- This kayak tour is weather dependent.
- The tour will be cancelled if wind strength exceeds 20 knots.
- Tours generally go ahead in the rain.
- During extreme conditions the tour may be cancelled.
- The tour guide will contact you if the tour is to be cancelled and it will be rescheduled for a later date.
- The Royal National Park Kayaking Tour runs on Saturdays throughout the year.
- The tour takes between 2 and 3 hours including briefing, paddling and breaks.
Numbers on Day:
- Up to 9 other paddlers in the group on the day.
- A minimum of 2 is needed for a tour to proceed.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
Other Kayaking Tours in Sydney include...