Rottnest Island Day Trip by Bike, Self Guided Tour: This is a wonderful way of exploring the beautiful and fascinating Rottnest Island, a favourite destination for Perth locals and visitors. You will cycle your way around the island at your own leisure. Come face to face with the very cute and iconic Quokka on your journey. Discover white beaches and historic buildings, and during the warmer months you can snorkel and swim in the secluded bays.
Rottnest Island Day Trip by Bike
- Hi speed boat ride
- Cycling around the island
- Visiting secluded beaches
- Snorkelling just off shore
- Meeting Quokkas!
On the Day:
Your Rottnest Island Day Trip will begin with a Rottnest Express fast ferry trip to Rottnest island. At the jetty your push bike will be waiting for you – you are then able to explore the island at your leisure. Soak up the breathtaking views that Rottnest has to offer at every turn. Explore secluded bays and wonderful beaches, stop for a picnic, or just find a nice quiet spot to take a quokka selfie. You'll then board the ferry for your trip back to Fremantle.
- Rottnest Island Day Trip includes admission
- Return transfers to Rottnest Island
- Bike hire with helmet and security lock
- Depart Fremantle at either 7.30am or 9.30am and returning at 6.15pm (depart Rottnest at 4.25pm)
- Operates daily excluding Christmas Day 25th December and Rottnest Channel Swim Day
- Adult: 13 years old+
- Child: 4–12 years old
What to bring:
- There is no drinking water or food available outside the Thomson Bay and the Geordie Bay settlement areas.
- Please bring water, lunch, snorkelling gear, sun cream, bathers, towel and other essentials!
- Lunch can be purchased at Thomson Bay and the Geordie Bay.
- The Rottnest Island Day Trip is weather dependant and will be assisted by the tour operator if services are cancelled.
- If you are concerned about the weather, please contact the operator prior to departure for an update.
- Ferry leaves from Fremantle B shed Victoria, 1 Peter Hughes Dr, Fremantle.
- Arrive at the terminal at least 30 minutes prior to departure.
- The operator does not offer cash refunds. This policy overrides Break Loose's own cancellation policy.
- For any cancellations a credit note with one year validity will be issued by the operator.
- If you fail to show on the day you are not entitled to a refund.
Images © Rottnest Island Authority & Tourism Western Australia. Used with permission.