Important: 2020 Season is closed. This tour will be available in 2021.
Red Gorge Canyoning Trip in Karijini National Park: This is a solid day of hiking, sliding, abseiling, tubing, climbing and traversing through the wilderness of Karijini National Park in Western Australia's Pilbara region. You'll slide down waterfalls, abseil down cliffs, paddle in deep cool pools and eat lunch under an amazing waterfall.
Red Gorge Canyoning Trip
- Sliding down a 4m waterfall
- Abseiling down a waterfall
- Tubing in Junction Pool
- Lunch under Weano Falls
- The rock climb out of Regans Pool
The Red Gorge Canyoning Trip commences in the with a brisk walk to Knox Gorge, you are lowered into the Class 6 restricted area of Karijini National Park. This is an area not opened to the general public. You will slide straight off a 4 meter waterfall, then abseil down the next waterfall before reaching the stunning Red Gorge.
You will then sit back, relax in your tube and paddle through this timeless country into Junction Pool. This is where the four gorges meet. You and the group will rest up and lunch Weano Falls.
After lunch, we make our way to Hancock Gorge and begin to ascend up through The Chute, a 45 degree incline waterfall, and onwards to Regan's Pool. We rock climb out of Regan's Pool and traverse to Kermits Pool, exiting the restricted area.
We Spider Walk out, finishing at the Weano Day Use area for the bus ride back to the start point.
Note: A minimum of 4 persons or equivalent cost is required for the tour to run. Please contact us with your preferred date before booking so we can confirm availability.
Our guides are fully qualified with nationally recognised qualifications in roping, hiking, water activities and Wilderness First Aid.
- This tour operates from April–May, August-October each year.
- Tour does not operate during the winter months.
- Check out our winter canyon tour: Karijini Winter Canyoning Trip, Hancock Gorge
- Morning briefing commences at 7.20 am.
- Please arrive at the meeting point by 7:15am.
- The day concludes at approximately 5 pm–6pm
- Strictly 14 years.
- Your fitness should be able to comfortably sustain up to 10 hours of outdoor activity
- You must be fit and active, be agile and confident on your feet as there is a lot of rock hopping.
- You must have good cardiovascular fitness.
- We ask that all participants have some swimming ability.
- Wetsuit (for the colder months), footwear,
- Water, snacks and lunch.
- Sunscreen is also supplied, and our guides carry sunscreen on them.
- The meals are vegetarian friendly. Please advise the operator if you require certain food products.
What to bring:
- If you would like to bring your own wetsuit, it should be 3mm thick but no greater than 5mm.
- Unfortunately, you cannot participate if you are pregnant
- Up to 13 participants
- Newman: Approx. 2 hour drive
- Port Headland: Approx 4 hour drive
- Exmouth: Approx 8 hour drive
- Broome: Approx 10 hour drive
- Perth: Approx 14 hour drive
You may also be interested in: