Rapid Bay Sea Kayaking Tour: This amazing kayaking experience begins on the beach at Rapid Bay on the lower Fleurieu Peninsula about 90 Km south of Adelaide. Here the rugged coastline is spectacular with towering cliffs and crystal-clear water, a great place for a sea kayaking adventure. This is one of the most adventurous sea kayaking tours we offer in South Australia and is conducted over the warmer months. Sea kayaking is not only great for your health it is also the most environmentally friendly way to interact with this environment and its inhabitants.
Rapid Bay Sea Kayaking Tour
- Exploring the sea caves, secluded beaches
- Watching the abundance of wildlife... seals, sea lions and sea eagles
- Paddling with professional guides!
The Rapid Bay Sea Kayaking Tour begins with some safety instruction, paddling and fitting of the gear. This takes place on the shores of Rapid Bay. Then we are off to visit isolated beaches, mysterious sea caves and view seals, sea lions and sea eagles that inhabit this area.
The tour fee includes all kayaking equipment, guidance, lunch and non-alcoholic drinks. We pride ourselves on offering fresh, local foods and can cater for special dietary requirements on request.
Lunch is a healthy build your own “sub” or salad on a beautiful, isolated sandy beach, only accessible by small boat. This includes a selection of meats, ham, chicken, cheese and fresh salads. Special dietary requirements can be catered for.
- A quality 2-person sea kayak – very stable and easy to use
- Comfortable buoyancy vests
- Friendly guidance that will make the experience both safe and great fun.
- Have sound fitness and be a medium to experienced level kayaker.
- The Rapid Bay Sea Kayaking Tour covers 12–14 kilometres during the day which may be beyond the limit of novice paddlers or those who do not exercise regularly.
- This tour is for adults and children 15 years and over.
- This tour is highly weather dependent
- It will only run if the weather is virtually calm.
- We will phone you 2–4 days prior to the date of the tour to confirm conditions are suitable.
- In the case of bad weather cancellation we are happy to reschedule your booking for another day, or you could transfer to one of our Dolphin Sanctuary and Ships Graveyard Tours near Port Adelaide.
- All refunds incur a 2% fee to cover administration costs to Break Loose.
- Operator Refunds: Cancellations/refunds will be given only if they are made at least 72 hours before the scheduled booking date.
- No refund will be given for any cancellations after the 72-hour mark.
- Break Loose highly recommends you take out travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances.