The Rapid Bay Caves Sea Kayaking tour begins at Rapid Bay on the lower Fleurieu Peninsula about 90 kms south of Adelaide. Here the rugged coastline is spectacular with towering cliffs and crystal clear water, a great place for a sea kayaking adventure.
We meet you on the beach and after instruction on safety, paddling and fitting of the gear we are off to visit isolated beaches and mysterious sea caves. You can also meet the "locals"; a growing colony of seals that are always keen to make new friends!
Rapid Bay Caves Sea Kayaking
We will provide quality 1 or 2 person sea kayaks which are very stable and easy to use, comfortable buoyancy vests and friendly guidance that will make the experience both safe and great fun. Our guides have extensive experience and are accredited with Australian Canoeing, the peak body for kayak education in Australia.
Lunch is a healthy build your own "sub" or "wrap" (sandwich) on a beautiful, isolated sandy beach, only accessible by small boat. This includes a selection of meats, ham, chicken, cheese and fresh salads. Special dietary requirements can be catered for.
This area is quite safe, with numerous small beaches to stop off and explore. Swimming and snorkeling are optional activities.
- 9am but may vary with tides and demand
- choose a date from the calendar above.
- Kayaking tours operate September – June.
Restrictions & fitness:
- Any age above 12 years old.
- Participants must have a reasonable level of fitness
(ie should be able to walk briskly for 15 minutes with out being out of breath)
- All kayaking and safety equipment,
- Guidance, lunch and non-alcoholic drinks.
Weather on the day:
- The tour is weather dependent.
- Should the weather be unsuitable on the day you may transfer your booking to a subsequent tour.
Numbers on the day:
There will be up to 16 people on this trip.
What to Wear and Bring:
- Wear light colored, loose fitting clothing to suit the temperature of the day
- Be sun smart, a shady hat and sunscreen
- Shoes/sandals that may get wet
- Insect repellent
- Drink and snacks
- A CAMERA! We can supply a waterproof container
Why not look at these tours too?