Rainbow Beach Surfing Lessons: Learn to surf on Rainbow Beach at Double Island Point on Queensland's Fraser Coast. Double Island Point, at the southern end of Rainbow Beach, is perhaps the best place to learn to surf on Queensland's coast. Why? Because the right hand sandy point break creates a consistent, safe wave that on it’s best days is over 1km long! This exclusive surf adventure away from the crowds is ideal for all levels, surf on super fun long waves with friends and family that will make your progression rewarding and fast.
Rainbow Beach Surfing Lessons
- Fun 4WD beach drive to Double Island Point.
- Learning to surf on a remote beach.
- The long consistent size waves made learning fun and safe.
- Fully qualified friendly surf instructions
The Rainbow Beach Surfing Lessons are conducted in smaller group sizes which means you have more time on the waves and much better 1 on 1 instructor time. So this means this surfing lesson is ideal for the beginner. If you have never surfed before, we will get you surfing quickly by teaching you the right surfing techniques safely. We have the latest design and large range of soft boards and hard boards in a variety of sizes to suit everyone.
Allow 3 hours for this trip:
- Depart along Rainbow Beach in specialised 4WD vehicles.
- Arrive at an untouched surf paradise, Double Island Point.
- Equipment set up and safety/instruction briefing on the beach.
- Fun surf lesson instruction by fully qualified, friendly surf instructors.
- Instructor assisted wave positioning & riding in the water.
- Individual instruction to suit each participants surfing level.
- Return trip along the beach by 4WD back to Rainbow Beach.
What is included?
- A 4WD sand drive along Rainbow Beach.
- All equipment (specialised softboards, wetshirt/wetsuit)
- Super fun surf instruction
- National Park entry fees.
What to bring:
- Towel, sunscreen, bottle of water, camera, snacks, change of clothes.
- Suitable for 7+ years of age.
- Children under 7 years old must be accompanied by a paying adult and approved child seat supplied
- You should be comfortable in the water and be able to swim.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required.
Numbers on the day:
- A minimum of 4 people are required for a tour to run.
- A tour will consist of up to 12 participants.
- If conditions are not suitable for tour the operator will contact you as soon as possible to find a more suitable time.
- Tours still operate in rain.
- The Rainbow Beach Surfing Lessons will not operate in electrical storms, large swells and extreme wind.
Departure Point Information
Rainbow Beach Departure:
- Departure times will vary depending on tide times to access Double Island Point along the beach.
- Shop 1/6 Rainbow Beach Road, Rainbow Beach Queensland 4581
- Please allow 3–3.5 hour from pick up to drop off.
- Departure time will be confirmed by the operator after booking.
- Please meet 15 minutes before departure.
Tour operator cancellation policy:
- Any cancellation by the customer is inside 48 hours is non refundable.
- If you fail to show on the day, no refund will be offered.
You may also be interested in...
- Guided Noosa Kayaking Tour Exploring The Everglades
- Rainbow Beach Dolphin Kayak Tour with 4×4 Beach Drive