Rainbow Beach Dolphin Kayak Tour with 4x4 Beach Drive: Join this amazing tour where you'll travel along Rainbow Beach by 4WD. Once in the Great Sandy National Park, arriving at Double Island Point to begin your guided dolphin kayaking tour. The first thing you'll notice how pristine the ocean is. These conditions make it the perfect place for dolphin watching and kayaking.
On the water you'll be immersed in the beauty of this location. Under the watchful eye of your professional kayaking guide, your group will search out Bottlenose dolphins, local sea turtles, rays and more. During whale migration season you could even witness a Humpback whale breaching in the distance as they love to stop and rest in on their way to warmer waters. While all this is happening you can't help but notice the scenic views of Rainbow Beach's coloured sands, Fraser Island and Honeymoon Bay.
Rainbow Beach Dolphin Kayak Tour
- 4WD tour along Rainbow Beach
- Amazing views to Fraser Island
- Exploring Double Island Point by kayak
- Seeing dolphins, whales, turtles & rays
- Professional guides
- Return trip along the Great Beach Drive back to Rainbow Beach.
What are the chances of seeing a dolphin?
There is around 400+ dolphins living in the area you'll kayak in. There is a very high chance of witnessing dolphins on this kayaking trip.
Of course it's not just dolphins you'll encounter. Sea turtles, rays, sea birds and other marine life live in this area of Rainbow Beach. If you're a nature lover plus you are looking for a unique aquatic adventure, the Rainbow Beach Dolphin Kayak Tour is a must do.
What is included?
- A 4X4 sand drive along Rainbow Beach.
- Experience kayaking guide.
- All kayaking gear including kayak, wet shirts or wetsuits and life vests.
- National Park entry fees.
What to bring:
- Towel, sunscreen, bottle of water, camera, snacks, change of clothes.
- Suitable for 7+ years of age.
- Paddling at Double Island is generally easy.
- An average level of fitness is required.
Numbers on the day:
- A tour will consist of 5–12 participants
About the kayaks:
- All kayaks Viking double kayaks – Highly stable and simple to use.
- If your group is an uneven number; one person will go with another person in a kayak or with a tour guide.
- We also have specialised 2 plus 1 kayaks for 2 adults and small child. These are on request.
- If conditions are not suitable for tour the operator will contact you as soon as possible to find a more suitable time.
- Tours still operate in rain.
- The Rainbow Beach Dolphin Kayak Tour will not operate in electrical storms, large swells and extreme wind.
Departure Point Information
- These will vary depending on tide times to access Double Island Point along the beach.
- Departure time will be confirmed by the operator after booking.
Rainbow Beach Departure:
- Shop 1/6 Rainbow Beach Road, Rainbow Beach Queensland 4581
- Please allow 3–3.5 hour from pick up to drop off.
- Please meet 15 minutes before departure.
Tour operator cancellation policy:
- Any cancellation by the customer is inside 48 hours is non refundable.
- If you fail to show on the day, no refund will be offered.
You may also be interested in...